Gay Weddings
Options

Still a Little resistant

Hello All,

I am not new to the board because I was supposed to get married in sept. 2012 and things got cancelled two weeks before my wedding (house fire, relationship issues, health issues). I am still engaged to my partner and we have gotten back on task.  We have decided to do try the whole wedding thing again in 2015. however I am resistant to tell my friends and family because I got so much slack from everyone when I called it off the first time. I have told a few friends and they all give me the same thing about are you sure this time... Should I just forgo my wedding and go to the justice of the peace??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Still a Little resistant

• Options

you should do what is right for you

• Options
    IMO, if you feel like you can't tell other people in your life about your wedding- you shouldn't be marrying the person. It will naturally be people's reaction to ask if you're sure this time since it's been called off once. BUT, that shouldn't matter if you are sure this time. GL!!
  • Options
    Have your wedding if you want it. If your friends and family feel soooo upset about it, then they won't attend (and you probably shouldn't invite them in the first place).  Unless these people are financing your wedding, then do you!  It's your money, your life, your cause for celebration. If anything, they should strongly support you because you haven't had the experience due to the major events in your life.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Options

Let me rephrase the post. I am not afraid to tell them I am marrying her. What I am afraid about is telling them we are doing the wedding again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Let me rephrase the post. I am not afraid to tell them I am marrying her. What I am afraid about is telling them we are doing the wedding again.

You don't need to tell anyone about the wedding until you send out save the dates or invitations.  Plan the wedding with your future spouse, and maybe tell people as the date gets closer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards