Honeymoon Discussions

No idea about where to go

When it comes to booking the honeymoon, I think we are both lost. Here's all I know:
1. We would like to stay in the US.
2. I think tropical would be nice, but neither of us are really swimmers, so tropical might not be the greatest idea.
3. He does not want to go to Hawaii.
4. No cruise.
Other than that, I have no idea.

Also, do people usually use travel agents to book their honeymoon? He thinks that would be more expensive.

All thoughts/ideas welcome! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: No idea about where to go

• Use a travel agent! My mom has been one for 20 years and they do NOT charge you, they get you better deals than the internet and they get paid commission from the hotel, not from you. They are also knowledgeable and can take your interests and tell you where you'd love. They also have access to room upgrades and stuff like that. 
    As for location you could consider San Diego, Key West, San Juan. You say you're not swimmers but do you enjoy walking along a beach or would you rather be sightseeing in a city? You could explore Chicago, Boston, Maine, DC....

• Puerto Rico!!! That's where we're going. It's part of the US so no passport needed. For us the flights were comparable to flying to Houston. (We're in the Chicago area.)

We're both excited to do the beach, glow in the dark bays, snorkeling, historical stuff and eating yummy food.

San Diego is nice with lots to do too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you find an all inclusive resort because that is one of our options to go for our honeymoon as well.
  • Great ideas! Didn't know that about travel agents!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards