Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

What's "reasonable" when it comes to Wedding Hair & Makeup?

I've been looking around trying to find someone that I feel is affordable for bridal hair and makeup on location when I get married in June 2014 and I am NOT finding it! Someone, please bring me back down to earth. What price do you feel is reasonable? I am just having sticker shock?!

Re: What's "reasonable" when it comes to Wedding Hair & Makeup?

• I think I paid $195 for hair and air-brushed makeup, which I found quite reasonable.  I think you can find it for less, but you also have to accept that adding the word "bridal" to any package is going to up the price.
    Anniversary

• It was a shock to me when I started researching prices, and I do agree that adding 'bridal' to anything will increase the price. I paid for my BM's hair and makeup in addition to mine, and it really took until my wedding day to see the difference in the prices. My MUA spent twice as much time on my hair and makeup than on theirs; yes, my girls looked fantastic but that extra time that the MUA spends on the bride really made me understand. Airbrush also increases the cost (I think it is worth every penny). It was 103 degrees the day of my June wedding, and that makeup still looked amazing when we went back to the hotel at 2 AM. That was what sealed it for me--it was well worth what I paid.

Regarding travel, my MUA did not charge to do our hair and makeup on-site since the hotel was within a 50 mile radius of Frisco (where she lives). She also included an assistant at no extra charge based on the package I chose.

• Thanks, Courtski2004 for your reply! I'm actually getting married in The Colony just minutes away from Frisco. Could you share your MUA? 
  • I think Courtski and I used the same girl: Angie Williams (awweddinghair.com)
    Anniversary

•  Yep, ProfSci is right! Angie is the best. She allowed me to send her partial payments toward the balance of my package leading up to the wedding day--just awesome and flexible to work with, can't say enough great things about her.

• If you ask Ulta for hair and makeup for a special event, the cost is $35.00 for makeup and $75.00 for updo...
  • It gets pretty pricey. My girls are paying $160 each for hair and makeup. Mine is $495. That includes two trials (trial, bridals, and wedding day). That is also airbrushed and includes eyelashes. But better than my eyeliner smearing down my face 2 hours in :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards