Students

Back to school blues, vent/whine session.

I'm sitting here looking at the date: I go back to college in a few days, and our wedding isn't until 3 weeks after the semester ends. I got a TON of planning done over this winter break, so I won't be focusing much on the wedding during the semester. I'll be taking 18 credits, on 3 different leadership boards, and working quite a bit. Plus, the weather at my college is pretty nasty during the winter (and I'm not a fan of being cold), and the spring semester ALWAYS seems to draaaag on. The worst part: this is my first semester being away from my fiance. He graduated and is now working full time, about an hour away from my college. Going from seeing him every single day to maybe once a week is going to hurt so much. He was the one who would hold me when I had cramps, who would run to get me coffee when I'm bogged down and running late, and encourage me when I was extremely stressed - his encouragement helped me SO much. Yeah, I'll be okay without him. But it's the little things that are going to crush me ... like walking past his old dorm room or going to our weekly movie night with friends without him there to snuggle with.I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm just so bummed about it and scared that this semester will be awful. I know I'm being a negative Nancy. But it feels good to get it all out there. Anyone in a similar boat? We need to encourage each other ..

Re: Back to school blues, vent/whine session.

• Well, I'm in the boat of wishing my wedding would come sooner.  I'm graduating law school in May but we aren't getting married for another year-- so, it seems like it just can't get here soon enough.  And I agree, fall semester always flies but somehow spring semester just drags.

Try to take this time to explore who you are without seeing Fi every day.  Depend on yourself a little more.  Have fun with your girlfriends, concentrate on school, and enjoy seeing Fi as a special occasion on the weekends.  I think it's really important to live independently before moving in together/ getting married, so make the most of this time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Semester starts tomorrow morning for me.  Happy that it's my last one.  But sad that it's back to the grind for another three months.  I can't wait to be done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards