Just Engaged and Proposals

Engaged... for 4 years...

My fiancee proposed in 2009. We've been engaged since then. Every time we set a date, it gets pushed back. I'm fed up, to be honest. I told him July of this year or nothing. That is the final date. Am I being too pushy? Anybody else have this type of situation before? heeellllp. lol I've never gotten to really get too much into planning after the first time it got pushed back bc I never knew if it was going to happen again. Which it has... time and time again. uughhh

Re: Engaged... for 4 years...

• Why is it getting pushed back? Will you have enough time to plan? What are the reasons for all the push back, 5 years of engagement is a while.
  • FI and I have been engaged for five years also. We have had to push back, rearrange, and completely revamp wedding planning. So I know how you feel. But you should definitely make sure this is doable first. Sure you can plan a wedding in 3 months. I have seen it done. It might be a stressful crazy time but you could do it. Make sure this is something you and FI both want, can afford, and have the time to devote to it.
  • kriz10ice said:
    My fiancee proposed in 2009. We've been engaged since then. Every time we set a date, it gets pushed back. I'm fed up, to be honest. I told him July of this year or nothing. That is the final date. Am I being too pushy? Anybody else have this type of situation before? heeellllp. lol I've never gotten to really get too much into planning after the first time it got pushed back bc I never knew if it was going to happen again. Which it has... time and time again. uughhh
    Yes, the big question is why does it keep getting pushed back? That information will help us determine if you're being pushy. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I stand by my original questions on the other board...there's not enough information for us to weigh in on.
  • I completely agree that the bigger issue here is WHY does he keep pushing it back.  That is a big red flag too me...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards