Flowers
Options

How many flowers in the bouquet?

I am having 3 different flowers in my bouquet (as well as my bridesmaids' bouquets). I have chosen red anemones, red ranunculus and red roses for mine and the bridesmaid's will be carrying the same flowers, but in a cream/white color (all silk flowers). We are trying to keep on a low budget and was wondering what your opinions are on how many of each flower in my bouquet would be enough? I'm not looking for it to be over the top, just something that looks nice. I'm assuming the bridesmaids bouquets will be a tab bit smaller with fewer flowers than mine. Any thoughts on how many flowers would make a bouquet full, but not too big?? Thanks!

Re: How many flowers in the bouquet?

• Options
    In my son's wedding, we made my daughter-in-laws bouquet with all red roses and 40 of them.  That sounds like a lot, but it didn't look right otherwise.  The bridesmaids had 20-25 in theirs.  hope that helps a little.  :-)
  • Options
    Whenever I work with flowers I like to work in odd numbers...it just visually looks better.

As for how many of each, that really depends on the size bouquet you are going for. You could always make a mock bouquet up and then see if you want to add additional flowers of a certain type.

• Options

My florist told me that the size of the bridal bouquet is based on the size of the bride. The general rule is to not make the bouquet bigger than the brides head. Usually florists make bridal bouquets 10-13" in diameter (brides have big heads apparenly) and bridesmaides apporximately 6-8".  In the past few years larger bouquets have become more popular.

Since the size of flowers varies so greatly you might want to focus on the size of the bouquet not number of flowes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It definitely depends on the look you are going for. Bouquets now days can range in size, there really is no standard size. It also depends on the 'shape' you want your bouquet to be in. If you are going for more of the 'dome' look where it's really full, I'd say you need at least a dozen of each. However, if you want more of one type of flower, then I would stagger the number of each ( 16, 10, 8). If you are buying them from a local craft store, just buy a few more than you think you'll need, and make your bouquet, then take the unused ones back :) Unfortunately, there is no exact science. You pretty much have to wing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards