Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Barn Wedding Venue Cancelled

PLEASE HELP!  We had a verbal agreement with a venue ot have our wedding this coming september and when we were setting a day to meet and sign a contract to secure the site they backed out. It was a large old wooden barn that had been updated and was the perfect location for us! They said they just dont have time for a wedding this september, which I dont understand because they were not planning on providing anything but the space (which is already cleaned out). Long story short...I need a barn as soon as possible. We are in the Stillwater area and so the closer to there the better. I don't mean to sound picky but to save time and energy the following locations are either too expensive, wont let us bring in our own catering, or can't fit the 220-250 guest list we have.

-The Enchanted Barn
-Little Log House Pioneer Village
-Jacques/Riley Barn in Eden Prarie

Any ideas on barns in the area would be very helpful!!

Re: Barn Wedding Venue Cancelled

• I believe the Maplewood Historical Society rents the Bruentrup Farm in Maplewood, MN and I think they allow outside catering:

http://www.maplewoodhistoricalsociety.org/?p=736

Good luck!

• the Aamodts apple orchard does weddings and they have a barn.... however, unsure of how many guests they can accomodate.
  • thanks for the info! Aamodt's apple orchard is insanely priced if you want more than 3 hours. and their "glade" only seats 75, while the barn is only available nov-dec. : (
    The Mayowood Stone Barn is gorgeous but out of our price range, I just don't want to spend that much $$ on one day.
    And I talked with the Bruentrup Farm wedding coordinator and their prices are okay (except for paying 3.50/chair to rent with no covers on them)...but they only seat 160 people.

So....the search continues! Please help, any more info is very appreciated!
  • going on the Aamodt's theme, Minnesota Harvest does weddings.  Their indoor reception spot holds a lot of people!  http://www.minnesotaharvest.net/?page_id=4
  • I really like the size of the Gale Wood Farm but need a barn that is old and wooden. My parents have 2 large pole barns I could get married in, but they have no character. They are too new. Anyone know of any other barns please? We are going to look at one up north but its a two hour drive and I wonder if thats too far of a drive for guests. I've heard complaints from particular guests with even an hour drive.

• There's one in River Falls, WI (about 20-25 minutes from Stillwater) that, if I remember correctly, was $1500 to rent for the entire day. You bring in pretty much everything, but when we went to look at it last March that was the price and it was beautiful. I don't remember the name of the guy (I'll try to think of it while I'm at work today!) but if you continue following Main Street out of town, past Skopko, it's a couple of miles down the road. He was also working on adding more space to accommodate more people. The barn also has a cute deck off one side of it to allow for some outside time for guests.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_barn-wedding-venue-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:be876e00-3172-463a-99e4-889d3dcd37a3Post:e9f892d7-67ce-49b6-9613-d544b1700327">Re: Barn Wedding Venue Cancelled</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's one in River Falls, WI (about 20-25 minutes from Stillwater) that, if I remember correctly, was $1500 to rent for the entire day. You bring in pretty much everything, but when we went to look at it last March that was the price and it was beautiful. I don't remember the name of the guy (I'll try to think of it while I'm at work today!) but if you continue following Main Street out of town, past Skopko, it's a couple of miles down the road. He was also working on adding more space to accommodate more people. The barn also has a cute deck off one side of it to allow for some outside time for guests.
    Posted by GwenDL13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Did you happen to remember the name of the guy or the name of the barn? Thanks!

</div>
  • I just came across this website, maybe it will help if you haven't found anything yet (though hopefully you have)!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_barn-wedding-venue-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:be876e00-3172-463a-99e4-889d3dcd37a3Post:8758ba9c-e883-4d33-923b-d64ffb96d0e0">Re: Barn Wedding Venue Cancelled</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barn Wedding Venue Cancelled : Did you happen to remember the name of the guy or the name of the barn? Thanks!
    Posted by burbuja09[/QUOTE]

I am getting hitched at Settlement Hill Farm this August. It's gorgeous inside, affordable and you can literally do whatever you want for catering. Google search Settlement Hill Farm in Hudson WI.
  • Take a Look at Larsons Barn in Mcgregor, MN. It is a drive, but it is AWESOME- and CHEAP!
  • smvojesmvoje member
    First Comment
    There is a place in Cottage Grove, MN that just decided to start doing weddings. Its called Hope Glen Farm. They are super nice people and have a beautiful place to have a wedding. That and they are not way to spendy I think its 1500 for the day. I'm having my wedding there next June.
  • Larson's Barn
    We are located in McGregor, MN and can accomodate up to 350
    we also have camping, some lodging, and lots of area lodging.
    You provide your own caterer and beverages.  For more information
    please visit <a href="http://www.larsonsbarn.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.larsonsbarn.com</a>
    n Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_barn-wedding-venue-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:be876e00-3172-463a-99e4-889d3dcd37a3Post:ae71792f-470d-4af9-be20-651aa703e2cc">Barn Wedding Venue Cancelled</a>:
    [QUOTE]PLEASE HELP!  We had a verbal agreement with a venue ot have our wedding this coming september and when we were setting a day to meet and sign a contract to secure the site they backed out. It was a large old wooden barn that had been updated and was the perfect location for us! They said they just dont have time for a wedding this september, which I dont understand because they were not planning on providing anything but the space (which is already cleaned out). Long story short...I need a barn as soon as possible. We are in the Stillwater area and so the closer to there the better. I don't mean to sound picky but to save time and energy the following locations are either too expensive, wont let us bring in our own catering, or can't fit the 220-250 guest list we have.   -The Enchanted Barn -Little Log House Pioneer Village -Jacques/Riley Barn in Eden Prarie Any ideas on barns in the area would be very helpful!!
    Posted by bfoley1221[/QUOTE]
  • Hi, we have a farm wedding venue on our 200-acre organic farm just a couple of miles south of River Falls, WI.  We can take up to 200 guests.  There are different places to hold your ceremony and reception.  We don't have a big old barn (wish we did!) but we have a shed that is nice inside and the views from our place are very nice.  Lots of good backdrops for photos.  We are off the public road about half a mile.  You choose your caterer, etc.  As long as you provide a licensed bartender you can bring all the alcohol you wish.  Base price for 2013 is $2500.  Look at baldurfarm.com for Red Horse Weddings.
  • In Response to Re: Barn Wedding Venue Cancelled:

Wow! The exact same thing just happened to us! Anybody have other suggestions? It doesn't have to be a barn, just something romantic and relaxing. LOVE Settlement Farm- I just hope they're not already booked!

Thanks!

• edited March 2013
    Yea it was a terrible experience! We ended up securing the Mayowood Stone Barn as our wedding location in October.
  • edited April 2013
    I just booked with Settlement Hill Farm for my fall 2014 wedding! So excited!

Mayowood is beautiful too!
  • Larson Barn in River Falls is located at 220 State Rd 65 715.497.3687
  • Yes I'm sorry i heard about the Larson barn.  I had mine there.  I've heard the enchanted is great.
  • It's the Larson barn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards