March 2014 Weddings
Options

David Bridal problems.....

I went with David's Bridal for my dress last minute. I was originally going to Alfred Angelo. Before I purchased my dress everyone was polite and helpful.
After I purchased my dress I got terrible service. I called the first time and wrote a complaint letter the second time.
The first call I made I received an apology. However when I sent a complaint letter I never received a response back.
I just called them today about making an alterations appointment. They told me I had to pay upfront for alterations.
I have never heard of that ever. Thinking about going to a seamstress... I just hate the experience I had at David's Bridal
If I had a do-over I wouldn't choose them at all :-(

Re: David Bridal problems.....

• Options
    I went with David's Bridal for my dress last minute. I was originally going to Alfred Angelo. Before I purchased my dress everyone was polite and helpful.
    After I purchased my dress I got terrible service. I called the first time and wrote a complaint letter the second time.
    The first call I made I received an apology. However when I sent a complaint letter I never received a response back.
    I just called them today about making an alterations appointment. They told me I had to pay upfront for alterations.
    I have never heard of that ever. Thinking about going to a seamstress... I just hate the experience I had at David's Bridal
    If I had a do-over I wouldn't choose them at all :-(
    Wow! I have never heard of such a thing.  If you don't feel comfortable bringing your dress back to them (and paying AFTER alterations are done and to your liking), then find another seamstress.  My FSIL just went for her fitting and doesn't have to pay anything until it's all said and done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am gonna find a seamstress to do my alterations.
    I think I should've gone to a smaller bridal shop looking back. But I really love the
    dress. I just missed the individual attention and personalized service I felt I should've gotten.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards