South Asian Weddings

Hindu ceremony sites

Hello,

Has anyone planned a Hindu ceremony outside of the temple?

I am looking to start the ceremony at 9am, and it would last for one hour. However, the Mandap (floral stage) would need to be set up prior to that, and it usually 5 ales about 1-2 hours to set up.

It is starting this early bc it will be followed by a Church ceremony later in the afternoon and we'd need time alloted for changing from Indian wear to traditional wedding wear, and photos, etc.

I am looking for location sites in the long island/queens area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. FYI my wedding will take place in the summer so outdoors and gardens are an option, I am just not sure what the policies are, etc.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Hindu ceremony sites

• You might have better luck in your local NY Boards.

As for the type of ceremony, I don't see why most regular outdoor wedding sites can't do it. If you have a vendor providing your mandap and you're having an outdoor ceremony, they should have the proper equipment to hold up in case it's a windy day and also recommend the appropriate one (outdoors should be sturdier than indoors).

Ask local mandap providers for suggestions too, they probably have favorite places they like to set-up.
  • Thank you for the suggestian, I will ask the vendor also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards