Wisconsin

Reception ideas around WI Dells

Hi everyone,

I was looking for some ideas on where to hold a wedding reception around or by the Dells. My FI and I currently live in MN but both of our families are from WI. My family is from Milwaukee area and my FI's is by Rice Lake. We were hoping to do something in the middle of our families. Does anyone have any experience with any weddings by the Dells? How are others dealing with distance wedding planning?
Thanks a bunch!

Re: Reception ideas around WI Dells

• I'm doing distance planning and doing the wedding in the Dells as well.  We went out there and visited in December and have been contacting places online and it seems like there's lots of great options in the Dells area.  All the resorts do full wedding services - especially the Kalahari and Chula Vista.  Also, it sounds totally tacky and ridiculous, but we decided to do our reception at Buffalo Phils in the dells. The restaurant itself is completely touristy, childish and silly, and we thought we were crazy for even considering it, but they have this "crystal room" on a lower level that is truly gorgeous.  Plus they do a deal with the Great Wolf lodge which we really liked for out-of-town guests.  I'd recommend looking into it for sure.

To go outside the dells a little bit, my mom grew up around there and she told me everyone always wanted to get married at the "Lake Windsor Golf Club" - about 45 min from the Dells

Hope that helps.  btw - If you have happened across any good outdoor ceremony locations in the area I'm trying to find one.  Or a church that will let non-members use their building as our family church is too far away.
  • Thanks for the advice!!! We will definitely look into some of those.
    I don't know how far you want to drive south, but a friend of mine got married this fall at Devil's lake and the pictures where just gorgeous!!!
    I will keep you posted if I come across anything else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards