Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Silent Ceremony Procession

Hi! I am a bride on a (tight) budget! I am having my wedding outside on a farm, with hopefully birds chirping, etc. 

To save money, but also to go along with my "simplistic" wedding feel, I thought about having no ceremony music and a silent procession. Awkward? Great for outdoors? Lay it on me ladies! :)

Re: Silent Ceremony Procession

• I vote for awkward..... Even just have a friend play the guitar or something......

• Awkward. Also music helps your guests let you know when the ceremony is actually starting. They may be taken by surprise and a bit confused if you just start walking down the aisle with no music accompanying you.

• Can you set up an ipod and then when the Groom/GM walk to the front the Officiant can just press play?  Or, if possible, can you contact the local high school/college and see if they have a band where you can hire some musicians inexpensively?
  • Awkward. Music was invented for a reason, and this is one of them. 

I ditto the suggestions of an iPod or finding a string quartet at a high school/college. I played in a quartet in high school, and we'd charge $125 for an hour; people would just contact our orchestra teacher, and she'd pass the opportunity along. 
  • I agree with PPs.  No music would be awkward, and I like the idea of an iPod or cheap group.
  • ackward, the music helps people know the ceremony is starting & to help announce you
  • Awkward.  The first thing that came to mind when I read the post title was "is this a deaf wedding?", but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  • Awkward. I was in a wedding for one of my bridesmaids who did this.  I and the groom's son were the only attendants, so it was a really short processional. There were only like 10 guests. It was still awkward. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We did this, and it wasn't awkward at all. It was just the two of us who processed, and yeah, most guests didn't turn around right away. But that was fine by me! It's such a brief period of time that I don't think it matters either way.

• Another vote for awkward.
  • Awkward. I'd just set up an ipod.
  • I vote awkward.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • grumbledoregrumbledore member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards