North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Ice Cream bar or better yet ice cream truck/stand anyone?

I would love to have an ice cream bar, or better yet have the ice cream man come as dessert at our reception. Anyone have any experience or leads for this? Maybe rent an ice cream stand for the night? Having trouble locating a vendor near Hatteras for this. Will talk to caterer but thought you knotties might could help.

Re: Ice Cream bar or better yet ice cream truck/stand anyone?

• Options
    I had an ice cream bar at my reception but it was offered through our caterer!  Hopefully they can help you with this one!
  • Options
    Check with Old Towne Creamery - http://www.oldetownecreamery.com/

I originally wanted to do the same thing but we got carried away with other things and I think our budget will no longer allow :)  

I spoke with the owner over the phone and he was very informative and had tons of creative ideas.  They are located in Manteo but will travel.  

Hope that helps!  
  • Options
    I saw an ice cream truck in Avon in the spring but I don't think I would want it at my wedding. The truck was pretty crappy looking and they were playing Christmas music!
  • Options
    That's a fun idea! It was offered to us but at something like 9pp and I couldn't justify it seeing as how I wanted to spend my $ elsewhere lol. But if I was a guest at your wedding, I'd be totally stoked.
  • Options
    I know Argyle's does a gelato dessert bar.  I can't find it listed anywhere on her site, but I definitely remember her saying it's one of her most popular things.  Try just emailing Debra (the owner) about it.  She's usually very good about returning emails.
  • Options
    imageWould LOVE LOVE LOVE Something like this. Anyone?

• Options
    Keep me posted if you find something!! I would love to do this too for my May 2014 wedding :)
  • Options
    Am probably not going to pursue this any more. Although it would be fun, have contracted with caterer to include dessert (not cake) with our dinner. Neither of us are big cake fans and since this is our second wedding we think it might be more fun to just have a dessert bar, although the menu is not set yet. Have talked to caterer about an ice cream bar, but due to the staffing required don't think it will be in our budget,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards