Snarky Brides

Why am I working today?

PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited January 2014 in Snarky Brides
Because dumb, that's why.

imageimageimage

Re: Why am I working today?

• FI had to work today. I didn't. I went traipsing around Chinatown with my sister so we could get our hair done instead. So glad for today. Until Good Friday when FI is off and I have to sit in my cubicle listening to my stomach rumble while I fast until dinner.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Simky906Simky906 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Sorry you had to work yesterday but I was in that boat with you! And if you're working today I hope you don't have trouble getting home tonight- the snow is really coming down!
  • I feel the same way, OP. I'd like to take the next 6.5 weeks off. Icing on my cake- FI now wants to talk about doing a "first dance" despite us agreeing to no dancing as a) he's an avowed anti-spotlight guy, and b) every time I try to teach him basic swing dancing I end up falling on the floor. He's also wondering about a photo slideshow of us. We are 6.5 weeks out from this whole shindig. NOW HE GETS CREATIVE.  GAAAAAHHH
  • Oh no, Chipmunk! Shut it down! Before he decides to take your garter off with his teeth...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • @Inkdancer-

I shut down the dancing (he admitted it was more for me than him, and I told him while I was touched by his thoughtfulness, a) I did not have time to choreograph and teach him a swing dance so I didn't end up landing on my ass and b) I'd feel really bad that I wouldn't get a father -daughter dance (Dad's physical disabilities mean he can't dance, but he's determined to walk me down the aisle, stubborn man).

I told him if he wants a photo slideshow, HE can put it together, but the only place I can see everyone being able to see the damn thing is in the side room where the hors devoures might be if I move them from being outside.

I'm not doing a bouquet toss- he's aware that any attempt to remove my Gator garter in front of everyone will result in a smackdown by the bride.

He also made mention of wanting something other than/besides the cupcakes I ordered 1.5 weeks ago as favors (cupcakes are from the SAME shop as our wedding cake, when I suggested the idea, he thought it was fantastic). He wants people to have a momento to keep at home. I immediately opened 50 threads on the favors board showing how people hate extra "momento" stuff. He hasn't completely given up on the coasters or stemless wine glasses ideas, but I think I've got him favoring making custom labels for the wine/champagne bottles we're putting in the welcome bags....unless I drink it all myself due to this mess.....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards