Christian Weddings
Options

Couples bible study tips, ideas :)

Hi!
I'm new here and LOVE that there is a Christian board since a wedding ceremony and a marriage are rooted in God!
I'd love advice on how to do a couples bible study without forcing your man or making it be a chore type activity, yet still do one regularly
and I'm getting married June 29th of 2013 :)
Thanks yal!
Marrying my best friend, 20 years old, marathon running,working 30 hours a week and getting a BA in psychology. Sounds like life!

Re: Couples bible study tips, ideas :)

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    A good book I've started reading is the Love Dare.  It's a set of daily devotionals/challenges that you and your husband can do together. It's not strictly a bible study though.

Could you talk to your FI about your desire to do bible study together, tell him it is important to you that he's a spiritual leader in your lives/family and ask him to lead your couple bible study? It might be tough at first since I assume he's never done it before but with some encouragement and guidance from a pastor/literature/friends it could be really great for your future family. If he is leading it and has choice in it then it is more likely he'll be enthusiastic to do it than feeling like it's a chore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards