Michigan-Detroit
Options

HELP! Affordable location for small wedding?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board, and new to being engaged! We are planning a wedding THIS summer somewhere in Michigan, maybe in the Detroit area or maybe somewhere a little bit up north. My fiancé is from Detroit, I'm from Sweden and we currently live in New York. My family will be flying in from Sweden to be there for the celebrations. I feel slightly overwhelmed to put it mildly, as I'm not too familiar with Michigan and don't have a lot of time...

We're looking for a location where we could preferably have both the ceremony and reception for about 35-50 people. I don't have high demands.. It can be a ways out of the Detroit area, 2-4 hours in either direction. We are trying to keep the costs down and really want just the closest family and friends around. I'm having a hard time finding those smaller venues.. Any help to get me started would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!

Re: HELP! Affordable location for small wedding?

• Options
    We are doing ours at The Little Wedding Chapel in Fraser, MI.  It was I think around $500 but includes so many perks and absolutely no need to get flowers as the place is totally decked out.
  • Options
    Depending on your budget, there is a restaurant called the Gandy Dancer in Ann Arbor.  They have a nice enclosed outdoor space for a reception and a place upstairs for the ceremony.  It's really pretty - cobblestone sidewalks and all.  =)
  • Options

Not sure it's available for this summer, but our wedding was at a lovely city park in Livonia Michigan

Pics here on my old wedding website: www.mywedding.com/sueandkevin82711/custom3.html

Here is the actual website: www.ci.livonia.mi.us/189/departments/community%resources/greenmead/newburgintersection.aspx

If you click on the "photo Galleries" link on the first link I provided, you can see pics of the wedding, with the various lovely gardens, etc.

They have a small non-denominational chapel, a house that has a banquet facility. You have to bring in your own caterer, but we used Holiday Market, which is available on the first link I provided.

For a non-Livonia resident, rental is about $1000. You bring in your own food, DJ, pastor/officiant, linens, glassware, food & alcohol.

For an "all inclusive", I'd recommend www.thegazebobanquetcenter.com. It's in Warren Michigan, and reasonably priced.

• Options
    We are having ours at Zingerman's Events on Fourth in Ann Arbor. It's all Zingerman's food (so it's GOOD) and the space is like a private restaurant/bar that's totally separate from the deli (the place most people are familiar with).  At first I was scared it was going to be really expensive (we decided to switch our wedding to a different venue after deciding to make it a lot smaller), but I was pleasantly surprised after our meeting with the coordinator. All the food and alcohol, service costs, etc. are included. The space is really cute so you don't even really have to do anything to it if you don't want to. They can accommodate up to 60-something people I think.
  • Options
    Lake Nepessing Boat Club in Lapeer MI is only $600 for the entire day. Plus you an do your ceremony outside and receptoion inside. You can bring in your own food and alcohol too! Up to 200
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards