Wedding Classifieds
Options

Any ideas to sell my never worn wedding dress??!!! I'm desperate!! Please!!!!

Hi everyone!  I purchased a gown in August 2013 for my upcoming July 2014 nuptials...unfortunately I reeeeeeeeally don't like it anymore!!!!!  I have tried every website I can think of - tradesy.com, weddingbee.com (which by the way I don't suggest as I have received several emails from scammers), preownedweddingdresses.com, ebay and craig's list, and of course the knot's classified section, but am having absolutely no luck!!!!!  It's a beautiful Monique Lhuillier dress with no alterations, so I really didn't think it would be this hard!

Does anyone have any suggestions for me??!!  I am so beyond desperate since I know which dress I want to purchase!!!  I live in the tri-state area so if anyone knows of any boutiques or shops that I should contact, please let me know!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!  THANK YOU so so so much!

Re: Any ideas to sell my never worn wedding dress??!!! I'm desperate!! Please!!!!

• Options
    Www.Bridepower.com
  • Options
    i forgot to mention i posted on there as well :)

thank you though!
  • Options
    I would lower your price.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i've already set the price to 51% off retail value...do you think $1400 is unreasonable for a monique lhuillier never worn/never altered gown?  it's exactly what I paid so I could discount it a tiny bit more, but i still need to buy a new one!
  • Options

It doesnt matter what i think is a reasonable price. You have it listed for $1400 and its not selling. My opinion is lower the price. Getting $1000 is better than no money and a dress you dont want.

How did you get a ML dress for $1400? Is it a discontinued style? Most of her dresses start at 7k.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Unfortunately, people (and brides especially) are wary of buying things online. Especially wedding dresses. We have all read/heard the horror stories of brides buying their dresses online and getting ripped off. You also have to think, if a bride is shopping for a wedding dress online (especially a designer gown) she is probably looking to get a 'knock off' for a knock off price. I know I wouldn't buy my wedding dress online, no matter what the description said.

You'll have to be patient, and probably lower your price. You really can't expect to get what you paid for it. Even if you got a great deal, the buyer will want a better deal. That's just the reality of the worl we live in.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Hi .... Coming from a mom..Try posting a picture. When we were looking for my daughter, we actually started on this site and would have considered a dress that had been preowned but only those we could see pics of. I really hope you sell your gown and best wishes. Hugs from a mom.
  • Options
    I would say focus on finding a consignment a shop. Maybe even see if u can send it to one
  • Options
    There are wedding consignments out there, I would look for those.

imageimage

• Options
    thank you everyone for your suggestions and replies!  I really appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards