Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

what do I need?

I am trying to make a lit of what ever else I need left to buy....

My unity candles
unity candle stand 
ring bear pillow

possibly rose pedals for the isle
possibly bubbles for when we leave the church 

Am I missing anything?! 
And what are your thought for bubbles or anything being thrown when leaving the church 

Re: what do I need?

• If that's all that's left, I think you're in good shape.

I myself am not a fan of having anything thrown, because when I was younger I got hit with things thrown at me and was hurt, so even though this is meant with the best of intentions, I would be reflexively scared and ducking.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    A fancy pen to sign the marriage certificate with?  
    As for bubbles and tosses, I like them except if it is glitter or birdseed. 
  • yeah I haven't decided what is going to get thrown I have to talk to my church on what is allowed I over think everything I don't to get have sticky bubbles all over me or glitter stuck to my dress lol so Im not sure what to do 
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
     You're almost finished by the looks of it! I like the bubbles idea! A friend of mine did that at their wedding, & I definitely prefer it over w/e else! 

@clanager03 Some places have strict rules on what you can throw. Some even have bylaws against throwing rice. Good idea to double check! :)

*J
  • what about for reception ... 

center pieces name cards cake alcohol and all that is included 

I should only have to get a card holder and what ever decorations I would like to have right?
  •  Do you have table numbers? Is your assigned seating, (if you have it), organized? Do you have a table or space lined up to have your card box/gifts?  Is clean-up organized, & someone collecting gifts at the end of the night? 

A few things I could think of anyways! :)

*J
  • I'm not a fan of bubbles or thrown things. I would either be batting bubbles from my face or reflexively ducking. Doesn't make for very flattering pics. Lol
  • I actually don't understand how tossing stuff even works - at every wedding I've ever been to, the bride and groom walk down the aisle at the ceremony and leave. Then the rest of us follow. When do I chuck stuff at them???

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • grumbledoregrumbledore member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
  • lol @grumbledore when my parents got married when they were walking out of the church I'm guessing after pictures are done thats when the bubbles were blown or rice was thrown from who ever was left at the church 
  • I think now, stuff is thrown/bubbles blown/sparklers waved/bells rung when the couple leaves for their honeymoon. Typically now, this is after the reception. It is often portrayed in movies when leaving the church, but it is also clear that they're leaving. Do they not have receptions in movies?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards