Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Where to stay in Costa Rica

We're planning on staying in Costa Rica for 10 days in January. We're also hoping to stay at more than one location during our time there.

Any hotel or b&b recommendations that are under $300 per night?

Thanks!

Re: Where to stay in Costa Rica

• Options
    We are going to Costa Rica in March! Did you go already? Sorry I'm running into your post so late!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    La Finca Anita near the Rincon de la Vieja volcano. I stayed there last year on a vacation with a friend but I think it would be awesome for a honeymoon. You will get your own cabin (rustic chic - I am not at all the "camping" cabin type) and meals are provided, most of which are made from crops grown on the farm. You can take day tours to all sorts of different things. It was about $100 per person per night when we went which included all the meals and 2 excursions.
  • Options
    I don't have specific site recommendations, but I would recommend the west coast of Costa Rica over the Caribbean coast. It's very laid back, the food is more Spanish in influence, and I have to say everyone I met and interacted with in the small towns I visited were very friendly. From what I've heard, the east coast has a stronger Caribbean influence - although that may be what you're going for. You'll probably find more of a party atmosphere there, and a more typical Caribbean experience. I'd also recommend checking out Manuel Antonio; it's a beautiful spot. A little touristy, but worth it if you'll be in the area!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards