Military Brides

10 yr renewal HELP!!

Ok here is the deal...
Hubby and I did the JOP thing April 2003 and have enjoyed 7 yrs of wedded bliss, and celebrated the birth of two beautiful baby girls.  We always said we wanted the big celebration, but between deployments, training and children never had to time or money for celebration of our dreams.  We've made up our minds that it's going to happen April 2013, so my question to you is.  Is 3 yrs too early to start planning and where should I start this early.  Can't pick a venue not sure on date, hubby could be half way around the world then.  Want to start buying/making centerpiece, favors and such.  I LOVE the USMC and want to do a red white and blue theme. Any ideas? And I do mean IDEAS!!! thanks in advance.

Re: 10 yr renewal HELP!!

• edited December 2011
    We are EXACTLY the same. Had our wedding planned and paid for then leave cancelled 2 months before so we ended up JOPing in April 2002. We then had the vow renewal - celebration planned few times after (I mean paid for & everything done) then because of leave and deployments they were all cancelled too.  Now we are 8 years later with a little one :)About a year ago I started planning thinking we do it this June but decided to wait 2 more years for our 10 year. So it will be 3 years planning for me too. I personally LOVE planning this far out because we have a long time to save up for what we really want. Down side of planning this far out is you have longer to change your mind :(  lol
     tips: Put together a vow renewal binder with tons of sheet protectors to store all the inspiration pics you come across and store receipts from anything bought. Also, put off buying incase you do change your mind on what you want. Thought I wanted guest book note cards so bought all the stuff while on clearance and dirt cheap - now not doing that. Now I’m only buying what I’m 100% sure we’re using like china and glassware. Wanted real but not paying crazy rental cost. So we’re shopping thrift shops, yard sales, Craig’s list, and eBay - paying $.50 or less for dinner & dessert plates and $.40 or less for glassware. Sticking with similar looks - no crazy colors or designs. Its actually tons of fun doing this on the weekends and hubby is totally in to it too.  Keep in mind though you have to store whatever you buy and even possibly move (we PCS in Dec).Its hard finding stuff on vow renewals but since we never did a ‘wedding’ we are doing most the traditional stuff just adding our own little twists. Email me if you’d like to chat more.
    Good luck and enjoy your planning!
  • mrs.since06mrs.since06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just starting to plan for our 5 year renewal. I agree with the above poster. No reason you can't start planning now. I don't know about you but I love planning and can't wait to do all this wedding stuff all over!

GL!
    *Lindsey and Sohel *09.30.06*
    *Semper Fi*
    My Planning Bio update 11.13.10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I'm a mom of 2 and a Marine wife. We are renewing our vows on our 5 year wedding anniversary!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies so happy to know I'm not the only one out there.  More questions though..Since I never had a wedding ceremony we are treating this one a little like it's our 1st wedding.  Most renewal info I've received tell us not to have bridemaids or groomsmen.  But I'm saying to heck with that and having my childhood and still current best friend as my maid of honor.  Just one person to stand by my side tooo tackY?? Having a wedding cake??? Unity candle, any thoughts? Would like to involve our daughters some how? Thoughts on sword arch?? Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards