Plus-Sized

Dress help: Need opinions, newly engaged!

I'm newly engaged and I would like some opinions on some gowns and how they'd look...here is a picture of me at my senior prom in 2011, (i'm about the same size, the last time i tried it on the dress was a little looser than it was in 2011) the dress is a size 26 and I'm a size 22 pants. imageimageimageimage

And here are the links to the gowns I love. 

Here I can have it special ordered to fit

Suggestions are welcomed! 

Thank you in advance.

Re: Dress help: Need opinions, newly engaged!

• Congratulations on your engagement! Those are all beautiful dresses, and many of them are a similar silhouette to your prom dress. I strongly suggest going to Davids and trying on dresses. It's hard to know which really looks and feels good without seeing the dress in person.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would suggest trying the dresses on as well.  Just save them to your favorites a few days before you go to DB's and try them on.  You could also look to see if there's any shops in your area that specialize in plus size gowns.

Anniversary
  • I went to Davids Bridal to try on Dresses and they had a lot in plus size.  I went to Alfred Angelo where their dress sizes were my actual pant size and they zipped!  :)  I got my dress from them!!
  • How do they differ in price?
  • silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited January 2014
    Check out the Alfred Angelo website. They publish their prices online. They also have several sales throughout the year.

You could also look at BestBridalPrices.com, which is a real store based out of Illinois. You can limit your search by plus-size, price, designer, silhouette, etc. I did that to figure out what designers fit within my budget. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards