Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding venues in Michigan (Detroit area) that allow outside caterers and outdoors

Hello!  My fiance and I (due to finances) are planning on having a a late ceremony (think under the stars or sunset) and then having an open bar and appetizers only (and a cake).  We went to 2 venues and they just didn't seem to be appreciative of that idea lol  Everything seems to be grouped in a package and that's just not what we can afford right now.  I love the idea of having an intimate ceremony under the stars or at sunset.  We have a large family and many friends that we couldn't imagine not inviting and so this was the idea we came up with.  

Anyways, back to the point I was trying to make, I'm thinking having a venue that allows an outside caterer might be a good option for us.  I feel like a caterer would be more willing to work with us on our ideas.  Or if there's any advice for talking to venues about doing a more 'a la carte'  option, I would appreciate it!  I'm having difficulty finding venues that allow this though and need some ideas.  So in review, a venue that has an outdoor area for the ceremony and would allow us to have an outside caterer.  Thanks to everyone in advance!  I really appreciate it :)

Re: Wedding venues in Michigan (Detroit area) that allow outside caterers and outdoors

• post this on your local board. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You may want to look into local fraternity halls, like Knights of Columbus.  They aren't typically the prettiest places, but will often let you go with your own vendors or even bring your own food.  And you can pretty up any venue if you get creative enough.  You would be amazed what some draped fabric on the walls or added accent lighting can do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards