African American Weddings

Speaking of Showers

who plans the shower and the bachelorette  party?

sorry for all the questions this is new to me none of my girls are married... or if they are i met them after they were married... 
my guest list is very small can i invite those who are not invited to the wedding? 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Speaking of Showers

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    "they say"  that the moh or other members of the bridal party are suppose to plan.. but hey I think you can help plan both of them if you want.. my mom and my BM and her mom helped plan a shower for me and my MOH planned my other one.. I was going to do it myself before I kicked my MOH out but then I brought her back and she stepped up...
    Also I invited ppl to the shower that were not invited to the wedding but I am not sure if that was right because I felt kind of bad that they got invited to one and not the other 

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • MOH planned by shower and the other bridesmaids planned the bachelorette outing.  I only invited people who weren't invited to the wedding if the asked to be invited.  Otherwise I wouldn't invite them.  Also that helps keep costs down for your girls who are paying for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks ladies 
    gives me some ideas... well points me in the right direction... 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im just realizing that since im not having a full blown out wedding with a bridal party im gonna have to plan my own stuff huh lol.....shrugs o well

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• let me help so i can focus on something other than my party

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2014
    They do say the bridal party plans but unless your girls are go getters you'll need to make sure things are happening. You only invite those who are also invited to the wedding. It's pretty awkward to invite someone to the "gift giving" pre-party without inviting them to the main event. I mean it's ALL about you getting married, right?

I told my MOH (married) what I wanted for my shower and she planned , my mom/god mom paid
    My mom planned a backyard family one on her own. My cousin baked goodies for it.

I was specific about my bach because I knew exactly what I wanted lol.

I would talk to your maid and see what they are thinking about or at least get them thinking about. The policy on showers in our circle is we plan but the Bride's family pays for food/venue. The maids do decorating , favors, and games.

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • @misstira oooo I'll help
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • @M1ssJ
    thanks for the info i guess i will be paying for it cause my mom...well it wont happen... 
    this helps me out a lot.... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @thedivav Do you not have a BP? 
  • I have a bridal party no MOH right now though
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @thedivav Do you think If you get a location and time you can delegate the rest to them?
  • My BFF stepped up and asked me what I wanted I gave her some info and letting them handle it I put it in the bridesmaid newsletter
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yay
  • Yeah I love my girls
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards