Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Love Letter

Hi ladies! Just wondering if you guys would proof read this for me and give me any initial thoughts/reactions (seems a bit "wordy" to me). I only have a 5x7 piece of paper to write on so it had to be fairly short.

"In the ten years that we have been together you have come to know me better than anyone else -- you can read me from a simple "hello", always know the the right thing to say when I need it the most, and can comfort me in the silence when there are no words. You are my closest, truest friend and my one true love. Your love for life and passion in the things you do encourage me and inspire to me to become a better person and a better partner everyday. You bring pure, unlimited joy to my life and I hope that you know how thankful I am for you. I promise that, no matter what the future may bring, I will love you unconditionally through all of life's adventures.

TIA!

Re: Love Letter

• Sounds great! Not too wordy, and just the right length. :-)
  • Love it. I agree with the PPs. :)
  • Nice letter.
  • I like it!

I'd read it out loud and let it "marinate" for a week or two before you make it permanent to be sure the wording sounds like your voice... but I don't see anything that I'd change!
  • Love it! Don't change a thing!!
  • With the exception if "inspire me to" (the extra to was just a typo)... It's written in permanent marker and all sealed up! Thanks for the feedback!
  • I have a grammar program called WhiteSmoke and checked your letter with that. It did not change much, overall I think it sounds really good.

"In the ten years that we have been together you have come to know me better than anyone else -- you can read me from a simple "hello,'" always know the right thing to say when I need it the most, and can comfort me in the silence when there are no words. You are my closest, truest friend and my one true love. Your love for life and passion in the things you do encourage me and inspire to me to become a better person and a better partner every day. You bring pure, unlimited joy to my life, and I hope that you know how thankful I am for you. I promise that, no matter what the future may bring, I will love you unconditionally through all of life's adventures.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So beautiful!! Bolded some minor suggestions
    "In the ten years that we have been together, you have come to know me better than anyone else -- you can read me from a simple "hello,", always know the the right thing to say when I need it the most, and can comfort me in the silence when no words are needed. there are no words. You are my closest, truest friend and my one true love. Your passion and love for life and passion in the things you do encourage me and inspire to me to become a better person and a better partner everyday [here I would choose between passion or love for life because the three parts of the sentence have an "and" - i.e. "love for life and passion" "encourage and inspire" "better person and better partner"; if you keep both, I'd switch passion and love for life, I find it flows nicely]. You bring pure, unlimited joy to my life, and I hope that you know how thankful I am for you [maybe: "you bring me pure, unlimited joy, and I hope that you know how thankful I am for having you in my life]. I promise that, no matter what the future may bring, I will love you unconditionally through all of life's adventures.

TIA!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards