Military Brides

Help! Getting married very, very soon and have no idea where to start!

We were planning to get married in April, and just found out that he will be deploying before that. Even before I had no idea what I was doing. Has anyone else done a wedding in less than two months? Help!

Re: Help! Getting married very, very soon and have no idea where to start!

• my brother did. its harder though. If you have the money up front, you are way better off since you have to basically have everything paid on/before your wedding day. Try finding friends who bake, decorate, or are just crazy creative that can help with the process. Figure out the style that you wanted, and then simplify. Most dresses take 3-5 months to get if you order them so try finding trunk shows or go to stores and see what they have available off the rack. Dont get anything more than 2 sizes off because the alterations will bury you. You can get cheap roses from stop and shop (if you have one, if not, try your local grocer) and then have them just put it together for you a couple days before the wedding, its scary and you have to trust that the flowers they have gotten are what you want. *NOTE* grocery stores CANNOT dye flowers (food hazard) so natural colors are all you are going to get. most stores have roses on sale every week so you may be able to make a rose bouquet of 12-15 roses for about a dollar a rose, then bouquet building costs. 

YOU DONT NEED FLOWERS EVERYWHERE. they are massively expensive and you should definitely attempt to ffind a photgrapher instead (since he is delploying, your wedding photos will be the most recent and the ones you look at the most, so make them great) If you have a friend who is a photographer, see if they will suppliment one that you find.

Since its winter, more vendors will be available than they would be in the spring, this is good.

I have more thoughts but i cant think of them at the moment, if this helps, thats awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards