Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

1940s Half Up/Half Down Hair

Hi!  We're having a 1940s themed wedding and I'm having trouble coming up with what to do for my hair.  I'm not a big fan of the Veronica Lake type finger waves (they're gorgeous, but just not my taste).  I'd prefer my hair up, but my fiance prefers it down.  He said to do it however I want, but I want him to like it and I want to take his opinion into account.  I'm thinking more of a half up/half down type victory roll look.  I tend to think victory rolls look better when the whole hair is up though instead of the half up/half down look and can't find one I'd like.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: 1940s Half Up/Half Down Hair

• Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Might I suggest a few pin curls up and then let the rest stay down and curled? or pin back sections that look a little something like this:

• Options
    Thank you, both!  I think you're right about having to be careful with victory rolls.  I've seen photos where they did look like horns.  I think of the ones you found, I like the last photo the best, but I think I'm going to keep looking just in case.  Thanks so much for your kind help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards