Not Engaged Yet

Sometimes I hate my job (rant)

I got chewed out at work today for the poor closing job we did on Sunday night.  Which I'm not surprised about at all. I worked with a supervisor who has been with the company for 6 years as a barista and is just now a supervisor.  She loves her shortcuts and she loves to go home ASAP.  Not only did she not help us with closing at all, I'm betting she didn't get chewed out for it.  

I hate training under other new supervisors.  Bossman told me to be assertive, but at the same time I don't know where to draw the line.  But at least now I can tell her that we'll be done as soon as the store looks good, instead of just letting her rush us all out.  Bossman says he's scheduling us together because I'm very much by the books and she's all about the shortcuts, and he hopes we balance each other out.  I'd rather stay by the books until I'm done training and once I'm done with training, then I can learn shortcuts.  Not that it matters very much since I'm a "by the books" sort of person.  I like rules and standards of procedure.  They're there for a reason and I'm not going to go against them.

She's not the only one to blame.  I know it's my responsibility as well to make sure things look as good as they can.  But if I didn't have someone asking me if we were done every five minutes, maybe it would be easier for me to do my job.  I guess I'm just taking this more personally than I should, but I can't help it.  When I get chewed out because someone else doesn't give a damn as to what the store looks like, you can be assured that I'm going to take it personally.

Ugh. Sometimes coworkers SUCK.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Sometimes I hate my job (rant)

• That sucks! I have a co-worker who likes to take short cuts and I feel like I'm constantly picking up his slack. Normally, I wouldn't pick up a co-worker's slack but if someone doesn't do it then everyone's screwed, including our students. Unfortunately that means our boss doesn't see how he doesn't take this job seriously at all. It's kind of a no win situation.

• Hugs! I'm sorry - coworkers do suck sometimes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Bethsmiles That's how I'm starting to feel about my coworker.  She's so busy focusing on shortcuts that we're all left to clean up the mess she leaves behind.  She's a newer supervisor too, so I wish she wouldn't worry so much about the shortcuts and learn to do things properly first.  If we don't pick up her slack, then we get lectured about it.

@lalalaurita Thanks! Sometimes I love them and sometimes I wish I worked alone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards