Massachusetts-Boston

Smith Barn/Brooksby Farm

Hello, I just got engaged and am starting to look at venues. Anyone have any experience with Brooksby Farm/Smith Barn in Peabody, MA? I'm interested in having a budget rustic type wedding. I'm going to call the event manager on Monday as they don't use email but I was looking for some opinions as well. Anyone have any other affordable venue ideas? I'm looking to have the ceremony outside and then the reception at the same location. Thanks in advance!

Re: Smith Barn/Brooksby Farm

• Hi Smith Barn is really nice, the manager Tammy is so nice to work with. If you can get around the fact they don't use email, it was fine with us. There is no heat in winter or ac in summer so be prepared, and I think there may be a cheaper price for "off" season as well as maybe cheaper on an off day like Fri/Sun (don't quote me on that). She also has some preferred caterers to choose from and also recommended our DJ to us (DJ Rick Bellanti) and he in turn recommended our photographer and JP as well. Best of luck!
  • Do they charge a site fee in addition to cost per guest?  I don't mind a site fee if the cost per guest is lower because of it but one place I looked at wanted between 20,000 and 22,000 up front before even talking to a caterer.
  • I'm pretty sure it's just a site fee $5,000 for a Saturday wedding cheaper for Fri/Sunday rental, I think according to the other posts on these boards includes, tables, chairs, and linens (up to 240 guests) utilizing both floors. and also a bartender is included. The coordinator also has a list of preferred vendors to choose from: DJ, photographers, and 5 different caterers etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards