Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Cancun, Mexico Wedding Photographer/ Videographer Search??

I am looking for a wedding photographer/ videographer for my wedding in October 2014. Any suggestions? The resort has one but I don't really care for their style of photography. Thanks in advance! 

Re: Cancun, Mexico Wedding Photographer/ Videographer Search??

• Options
    A lot of people, including us (planning a destination wedding for my sister whose serving in the military) are bringing our own photographer. It happens a lot because resort photographers are expensive and have a pretty traditional style. Our photographer is doing it for travel fees only so even though my sister will get 8 hours of coverage and a day after session, it should only cost her around $2000. 
    So you can shop locally and see if any photographers will give you a great deal. I don't know where you live, but you can always see if ours will do it:
    Light Source Photography of Wisconsin. 

Key tip: Make sure your photographer has travel experience (carry-ons can be a pain in the butt) and have a passport. The more experience, the better!
  • Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    Check with your resort and make sure they will allow an outside photographer, many places have a strict policy against allowing outside vendors. I hired M&J photo for our May 2014 Cozumel, Mexico wedding. Del Sol is one of the best in the area, but they were more expensive. 

And, to add a comment to what the above PP said, I couldn't find anyone that would do it for travel alone. It was generally travel, plus their regular costs. Maybe it depends on the area though. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    We're getting married in Cancun in September and I'll probably get the "bare minimum" package from the resort and have a couple friends that are coming take the majority of pictures. I have an extremely nice camera, so it'll be nice to use that and get some more personal pictures that the photographer there might not capture. 
  • Options
    I'm getting married in Cancun at the Hard Rock in November 2014. I chose Del Sol because of all the good reviews and the pictures that I saw. They are definitely more expensive and my resort requires a $500 outside vendor fee. I looked into a photographer that would travel also but by that point I would be spending the same as I am on Del Sol. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! 
  • Options
    A lot of people on another forum were mentioning Samuel Luna as a good and relatively affordable photographer. 
  • Options
    Del Sol looks amazing too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards