October 2014 Weddings

XP: reception decor help

Hi ladies. I am having a tough time with reception decor. I have chosen ivory and silver for my colours originally but seem to be adding champagne into my bouquet for depth.

My reception room is gold and purple so I don't want to add random colours. The hotel supplies ivory candles and tea lights as well as table clothes and linens and I have clear table diamonds to scatter. Should I leave the decor as is? I have attached a photo of my reception room and my bouquet for reference.

Ps. The wallpaper is a really nice gold metallic. It looks a bit mustard in the pics.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: reception decor help

• I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but I would just work with the colors of your venue. It's too (and expensive) to change your venue decor.  I'm not saying add purple or mustard to your wedding colors, but you can always do a mixed metal color scheme.  You can easily blend silver, champagne, gold, and ivory together.  I can see these all working together beautifully depending on how you choose.  If you add a few mercury glass votives on a table with gold candle sticks and ivory flowers, for example, I think it would look beautiful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Your right about mixing metallics to blend my colours of silver and ivory with the venue. Mercury glass is something I hadn't thought about, but love the look of.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards