May 2014 Weddings
Options

It finally feels real!

We met with our pastor last night and planned out the ceremony. When he got to the vow part of the ceremony and read us what he usually has couples say, it all became so real. I started crying right there in his living room. FI was teary-eyed too. When I bought my dress, I thought the realness would dawn on me. Nope. When we finally booked a caterer this week, I thought it would then. Still nope. But planning the ceremony, it hit me like a ton of bricks! It's so exciting, yet peaceful at the same time. I always thought I would have been nervous at that point.

Have you ladies had your moment where it all became real, or not yet? Did it freak you out or did it calm you?

Re: It finally feels real!

• Options
    There's two big moments that are coming up soon that I think will make it all feel real for me. 1... we are meeting our coordinator at our wedding venue on 2/8 and going over the setup of the tables, centerpieces, etc. and 2... when I finally get those first RSVP's back! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It became real for me today when we hit the 4-month mark. I feel as though it started to get real before now, but we're now at the point where we can have the invites printed; we confirmed our reception menu; we booked the rehearsal dinner this week; we're going ring shopping; the guys have their suits... It all fell into place over the last week, and it just set in today. So weird!

• Options
    Our wedding is May 3rd, we went to Mens Wearhouse on 12/29 to rent my FI and his groomsmens attire and that's when it became real for me.  I told him "Suits are rented, now we've gotta go through with it!" LOL then it became real again when I got my dress on 1/8.  Getting so close it's crazy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

each day with more accomplished it's feeling more and more real, but nothing major has hit me yet  This weekend has been a big weekend for checking off to do's which felt good.  meet with a florist today (finally!)   got my invitation wording and font all finalized (i'm making my own invites) booked our room for the night, meeting with travel agent tomorrow...finally feeling less stress about what I haven't done. 

• Options
    It is getting really real for me.  I just ordered our invites (YAY!!) and I had a small moment.  I think once I see them and have them in hand it will be really real :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ahhh.  I hope that happens for me too! We have been together for a long time, so it feel like just another thing for me, but I hope that we will have our moment when we feel like all warm and gushy!  So heart warming :)
  • Options
    I think once we order invites and they come that's when it will set in for me that it's really happeneing, can't go back after sending out invites!lol.
  • Options
    We sent out our invites last week - I just got 2 RSVPs back already!! Very real now lol!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    @Artteacher23 what day is your wedding?  Cause I'm not sending mine out until 8 weeks before which would be mid-March.  And I have a lot of out of state guests.  I thought 6-8weeks was standard...?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @Kristen625 I'm May 2nd. But since we are having the ceremony & reception at the same venue I wanted to send them out a lil early incase we have a lot of "no's" (which I highly doubt, but you never know) so that I have enough time to invite others if needed before giving a head count to the venue. Also I tend to be extra paranoid when planning events in making sure that everyone knows what time to show up & where, etc......I sent my STD out early too (at the year mark). I'm also one of those people who gets really mad when people come to the reception but don't show up for the ceremony (which is when you're actually seeing the couple get married and not just coming to celebrate afterwards for the free food and drinks lol!) so I also wanna make sure people realize that it's a Friday night, which means there will most likely be traffic and they should plan their commute accordingly.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It got real for me last month when I was online listening to songs to be played for the wedding. I ended up going with I do (cherish you) by 98 degrees. The words were perfect and when we were watching the actual music video it turns out it was filmed at the same beach he proposed to me and that had me so emotional lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options

I got my taxes done last night, my return will be over 10k. So now that I have the freedom to pay for everything i need to it makes it feel like it's actually happeneing..so relieved, Ive been waiting ont his for months!lol

• Options
    @dluberts I'm so jealous! I started a new job this past year which moved me into a new tax bracket.. I owe the state more money then I'm getting back on my federal return. sigh. and I really could have used the money this year!
  • Options
    sarahsmiles326 I agree 100% with you that, it became real when we met with the pastor. Even my FI said in the car the next day "meeting with the pastor, reminded me that we are actually getting married and the seriousness of it all. Makes me more excited" I agreed with him. It just made me feel like "Oh crap, this is real stuff. We are getting married!!" 

• Options
    @akopitzke I was sooo excited to hear the number. But then I quickly realized most would be gone almost as soon as I'm getting it. Which was kinda a bummer. I'm only gonna be a thousandaire for a short while..lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards