Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Title for child who announces the bride

My fiance has a nice and nephew (adorable twins) who I want in the wedding. I already have a ring bearer, and I want them to walk down the aisle together The little girl throwing flowers and boy holding a sign that says "Here comes the bride"
What exactly would you call his role?
I'm about to mail cards out asking everyone to be in the wedding, and am not sure what to write on his....

Re: Title for child who announces the bride

• Sign bearer?  Have you already talked to the parents about this?  That should be your first step before sending any cards to the children.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree about asking parents first. How old are the twins?

I would call him a page.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Page
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't even do this because I'm not a fan of contrived "cuteness" by way of "including" extra kids in the wedding party.  He can be another ring bearer along with the one you already have.

And have them listed respectively as flower girl and ring bearer.  Your guests are presumably mature adults who don't need a sign to know that the bride is coming. 

I agree with the PPs that you need to ask the kids' parents before you ask them.
  • Yes, I've asked their parents. They're 3 years old. 
    Thanks for all of the suggestions!
  • Haha I was thinking about sending just one and asking them to be my flower children
  • bhamm86 said:
    Haha I was thinking about sending just one and asking them to be my flower children
    This actually is not a bad idea!
  • Though "Page" works, the traditional duty of a page is holding the train of the dress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_boy). If his main duty is announcing you, even via writing, "Herald" can be an alternate

• Prop? Pinterestinator? Master of trends?

I mean, really, this is a completely unnecessary and made up job, and you're sending a card to invite his parents to let him do this? Unless the theme of your wedding is Instagramariage, maybe just call and explain it?
  • bhamm86 said:
    Yes, I've asked their parents. They're 3 years old. 
    Thanks for all of the suggestions!
    Then I wouldn't bother to send an invite.  It will mean nothing to the children.  It's highly unlikely they will understand what a wedding is let alone what those roles mean and they will not be "touched" by the invite nor will they treasure it.  Instead have their parents talk to them about it and go from there.  Also be prepared that they could bail on you at the last minute.  I went to a wedding where the ring bearer didn't make it down the aisle.  It was no big deal, they just slipped the rings to the best man and included the kid in the pictures afterwards.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "Banner Bearer" is the title we're giving to my 4 year-old nephew. If the child will be verbally announcing, "Here Comes The Bride!" as well, then how about "Town Crier"? After the Recessional, my nephew will follow the Bridal Party with another sign that reads, "... and They Lived Happily Ever After!"

I have not yet met anyone who died from "cuteness overdose". Maybe a headache from eye rolling, but it isn't fatal! ;-)
  • "Banner Bearer" is the title we're giving to my 4 year-old nephew. If the child will be verbally announcing, "Here Comes The Bride!" as well, then how about "Town Crier"? After the Recessional, my nephew will follow the Bridal Party with another sign that reads, "... and They Lived Happily Ever After!" I have not yet met anyone who died from "cuteness overdose". Maybe a headache from eye rolling, but it isn't fatal! ;-)
    No one has to die from something for it not to be a good idea.
  • I think it is a good idea to have them both be in the wedding! Sometimes people need to remember that you can not please everybody when giving advice. Like the people above said I would maybe choose something like sign bearer or banner bearer. While everybody knows the bride is coming I think that this is still an adorable touch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards