Wedding Reception Forum

Just made the final decision on colors!

The bridesmaids will be in a persian blue dress and the groomsmen will wear black suits, white starts and patterned indian red bow ties that my grandmother is making! 
I will have some other shades of blue and red in the flowers and decor as well, but these will be the maid shades.

Re: Just made the final decision on colors!

• Whenever I see red and blue together I immediately think of the 4th of July.  Sorry.

But if you like it that is really all that matters.

• I agree with @Maggie0829 but I think that the red is not 4th of July red.  You can find ways to make red white and blue not super patriotic by using different shades of the colors.  I have seen some beautiful weddings with those colors that doesn't look like an American flag threw up on your wedding.  
  • I love them together! We almost used these colors ourselves combined with others for a Southwestern theme but ended up going with more neutral/natural colors instead. Please post photos when you're done, I'd love to see how the decorations turn out!
  • I'm not a huge fan, either, b/c of the 4th of July factor. One of my roommates in college did navy blue with red flowers, though, and it looked really nice. It didn't have a 4th of July feel at all. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  •  I agree the red's a little different with the blue. That shade of the red doesn't remind me of the 4th of July, but I feel it almost clashes. You 'should' post some pics! I'd also love to see how you make these colours work together! :)

*J
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards