Michigan-Detroit

Douglas J Aveda Institute? Any recommendations for affordable hair and makeup?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Douglas J Aveda Institute for bridal hair and makeup.  I go there regularly for haircuts, but I have never done anything more.  I know with them being students I would need to allow extra time (seeing as it takes 1-1.5 hours for a simple haircut), but I wonder how the results are.  Has anyone used them personally or seen any results?

Also, can anyone recommend any other affordable hair and makeup artists (preferably someone who can do both) either in the Metro-Detroit area (if they'll come to you) or in Wayne County (if you need to travel to them)?  Please and thank you!

Re: Douglas J Aveda Institute? Any recommendations for affordable hair and makeup?

• I'm using Theresa at Mia Amore- she travels to your destination and is in Wayne County. She does both hair and makeup. I believe she charges a $100 booking/travel fee. Myself and all my girls will be getting our hair done by her and her assitant.
    imageimage">
  • Do you have a link to her website?
  • I used the Aveda salon in Lansing last year for my fiances military ball and didn't really like how it turned out. This year I used the lady who did my friends bridal party- and I also booked her to do my wedding party. She works a salon and has been doing this for many years. She will travel to you though- and does both hair and make up. Her name is Cori. I will send you her info shortly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cori- 586-7037612- she will travel and does hair and make up. Tell her Tiffany sent you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2014
    I'm using Ashlee Ann (beautybyashleeann.com) - she has a team of 16 girls so she'll bring as many as needed for your party. $120 for hair/makeup combo or $60 for each individually (no upcharge for the bride like most people do), and airbrush foundation (also with no upcharge). Had my trial tonight and I love it!

I'm not using her for my wedding day, but Sarah Lindley from David Pressley School of Cosmetology is also really good and affordable (can find her on FB). I just don't believe she has a team to help out.

ETA - FWIW, my only experience with Aveda was the worst color job I've ever gotten.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards