Flowers

flower issue/question

hyechica81hyechica81 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited January 2014 in Flowers
so we met with my venue yesterday to drop off an additional deposit and discuss napkin colors and so forth .

we have a package deal that includes dj cake and flowers

i assumed we would be able to pick out our flowers but we only have 2 flower options and both are artificial but they look real and not fake at all one is a small centerpiece and the others are very tall ones, the small one was a mix of some various flowers and the second option the tall ones were cal lily's.

my issue is that i already picked out my flowers for my ceremony and bridal party we are doing regular and mini garbera daisys in various shades and colors in additon to that me and my sister (moh) will have roses in our bouquets.

my theme is like a beachy theme but not  cheezy think starfish on the tables

do you think the cal liliys will look ok even though they wont match the bridal party,

my mom said they would look fine and you dont have to get the same flowers as your wedding party for the reception centerpieces  and look matchy matchy, 

for my bouquets church arrangements and groomsmen i am already paying close to 900 something 7 brides maids my flowers etc
so real flowers for the centerpeices are not an option

i also thought about getting inxpensive cylindar vases and doing like sand and seashells in them as the centerpeices
but then that could get costly as well..

its costing us 900 extra for the flowers dj and cake not sure how much we would get back if we didnt use the flowers.

Re: flower issue/question

• Well I am not a fan of fake flowers, especially fake flower centerpieces that have been used over and over again for weddings.

I would talk to your venue to see how much you would get back if you don't use their flowers.  Then I would price out vases and sand and such for your tables.  You could also get round glass bowls for half of your tables (and do the other half with the taller vases) and float some gerb and rose heads in water and throw a floating candle or two in there as well.

But if you do want to go with the arrangements your venue provides, your Mom is right.  The calla lilies would look just fine and would go well with your theme since they are a tropical looking type of flower.

• i so wish i had money in my budget for real flowers or centerpeices but it is what it is. they look decent and not worn or falling apart which is good we already had to take out the desert buffet because it was going to cost us 86 a head instead of 76  but my parents said they might find the money at the end to pay for it but i don't want to wait till its to late but then say go ahead with it again and they don't come up with the money
  • I think that will be just fine! The flowers you use for the bouquets will probably get more focus anyways in photos and in person, and if you really don't like the centerpieces, maybe you can think of alternatives to flowers?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards