March 2014 Weddings
Options

Extended forecast.....

I am starting to wonder how accurate the extended forecast is.  Other than the fact that I just heard that there is a blizzard that will most likely hit around Feb 8th/9th/10th for the East Coast (NJ, PA, CT, NY, MD, DE, MA) area where we will likely get up to 36inches of snow.  3 feet?! Yikes.  Thank god this is FEBRUARY and not March.  Well, I decided to check out the extended day forecast on my phone.  Per this "extended day" forecast it states for 3/14 high of 44* with rain and for 3/15 high of 43* and periods of snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain.  However, yesterday when I looked at it, it said 44* and sunny for 3/14.  How the heck does it change OVERNIGHT?!?  

Does anyone know how accurate these things are?  I can only assume that they're incorrect because, well, let's face it...meteorologists have been wrong a lot lately. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Extended forecast.....

• Options
    That far out it changes constantly.  My FI is stationed in South Dakota, I'm in Florida so I am always checking his weather before I got up there (I want it to snow since we don't get any here). From day to day it changes.  I'm sure by March you'll be fine!  Since it'll be in the 80s this weekend after the 50s yesterday and 60s today, I'm worried it'll be HOT in March.  Our average temp this time of the year is 72 so we are higher than normal all this weekend and into next.
  • Options
    Sadly I do not know how accurate the extended forecast is. I highly suggest getting a farmers almanac for this year. They are more accurate. ( especially for my region. South East)
  • Options
    I say even the 5 day forecasts are botched.  Lately things have been SOOO off that I literally don't trust any weather report until the day of, and even that is never accurate! I wouldn't stress... but I am nervous because my bridal shower is the 15th of Feb :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Just read an article yesterday saying the northeast is in for another 6 weeks of brutal winter....sigh. I also saw what you saw about the 36 inches, I think it's way too far out to predict that much snow 10 days away. I've also peaked at the 45 day ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I heard once that weather forecasters only have to be right 50% of the time to keep their jobs. Whether or not that's true, idk.

I really hope that we don't get many more we don't get any more big snow storms. I teach in NYC and it royally sucks trying to get there when they don't close schools. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I figured that they wouldn't be 100% accurate.  I just hope that the next time I worry about the weather, it actually looks somewhat decent.  

LisaA2014 said:
    Just read an article yesterday saying the northeast is in for another 6 weeks of brutal winter....sigh. I also saw what you saw about the 36 inches, I think it's way too far out to predict that much snow 10 days away. I've also peaked at the 45 day ha!
    Yea, I was a little freaked by 36inches in 10 days but, who knows anymore?  The northeast is being slammed, which is fine.  As long as Mother Nature gets it out of her system come March 1st.  I don't want much in the means of snow either falling or on the ground when I get married on the 15th.  But if it's there, I'll deal.  Oye. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.