Lord, give me strength: Lunch with DH's grandmother tomorrow

2»

Re: Lord, give me strength: Lunch with DH's grandmother tomorrow

• I can totally understand that. 
  • LakeR2014LakeR2014 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    AddieL73 said:
    I get him seeing her, but does that mean you have to?
    I think @HisGirlFriday13 is doing it to support H.   She understands where he's coming from and even though Granny is BSC, she's there to support H.  Plus Friday knows she can deal with it, laugh it off with us, and move on from it. 
  • Do I have to? Probably not. But it matters a lot to him, and sometimes it's worth doing something you don't like to make your spouse happy. Plus it gives him an out to get out early. And it's lunch and I can endure lunch for an hour to make DH happy.
    Yep, sometimes you just gotta take one for the team, and DH is the most important person on your team. 

...but he should buy you lots of wine now ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    AddieL73 said:
    I know, and I'm not trying to harp on you. I just honestly don't get it. My husband is extremely protective of me, and I know he would never want me around someone who was straight up abusive to me. So I just don't get why it's making him happy for you to have to endure her abuse.
    This.  My FI would not stand for any of his relatives (or anyone else, for that matter) to treat me the way she has treated you.  His father said something about my weight once, and he actually cut him out of our lives for a while until his father apologized to me.  ETA I am around a size 12, if that matters at all.
  • There is one thing to support your husband, but it is a whole other thing when your husband wants to put in you in extremely uncomfortable situations for his benefit.  That isn't right.  I could see you dealing with her on holidays and such but to have to meet her for lunch, nope, not happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards