Tennessee

I just saw wedding photography packages being auctioned off on E-bay!

I am on a somewhat tight budget for my wedding...so I got this crazy idea to look online for a package--and I found a photgrapher on there offering an awesome package.  The bidding starts at $399 for a FULL package--and his photos are really nice!!  I thought this one was soooooooo cute!

What do you think?  I mean...I emailed him and asked if we would meet up ahead of time and everything--and there is a contract.  Do you think it is all legite?  It is on e-bay--so I feel pretty safe?  Thoughts from everyone pleASE!  Here is the auction site! 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wedding-Photographer-Photography-Package-/110527221260?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bbef8e0c

Also...any ideas for a nice venue?  I think I would like it to be near the river--and outdoors. :)

Re: I just saw wedding photography packages being auctioned off on E-bay!

• opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it looks like a great deal, but personally, I would want way more than the average 100 photos they advertise. Think about that: 100 photos, over the course of 6 hours, by two photographers? They're going to miss a lot of special moments. Trust me. I only had about 150 decent (not awesome, but decent) shots come out of my photographer, and there were so many more I wish we had.
    edited December 2011
    I missed the part at the end about the venue. What's your location?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your reply.  It is just so hard trying to sort through everything--and to not completely over due things on cost.  I just shot him a message to ask him about it.  I know the auction said 100 of the best...so maybe he is willing to include others.  And I'm in Chattanooga--we just moved here recently for my fiance's (love using the word still) job. :)  We're close to North Shore.  When was your wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    By the way--cute pic!
  • edited December 2011
    I got a message back from him and he said he usually averages about 200 photos per wedding, but that the number does vary.  He said he never has less than 100 though.  Planning is so hard!  There are so many choices, lol! :)
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! That photo was taken by a friend. I got married Jan 17 in Knoxville.

200 images still seems low to me, for the amount of time and number of cameras. Just so you know, I got over 600 images from our wedding, and only about 150 were keepers. That might not be an average "keep" rate, but if you only get 200 total, what if a lot of them don't turn out well?

I know how hard it is to stay on a budget, especially with photography. But I can tell you, from my own experience, you absolutely shouldn't settle for someone just because they're cheap. I did and wound up disappointed with my photography experience, and when everything's all over, the pictures are all you have left.

If your budget is extremely tight, I would suggest trying to find someone up and coming--like an art student or a new photographer trying to build his/her portfolio. New folks like this come with fresh ideas, are eager to please, and don't charge much because of their relative lack of experience. I'd find someone like this, meet with them, maybe have them do an engagement shoot, see if you like them, and then make plans for the wedding. HTH, and good luck! If you need some ideas of where to look for young photographers, let me know.
  • roses4uroses4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey! i've ONLY got my photographer (i'm kinad obsessed with photos)...and 200 is REALLY low...i'm working with jennifer bischof photography (www.jenniferbischof.com) she said each wedding yields about a 1000 pictures (that she gives)...and gives i think it was $500 album credit. but if you are having a smaller wedding i know she said she did smaller stuff if that's waht you are looking for. can't hurt to ask. she's seems pretty cool.

hope it helps. :)
  • edited December 2011

I would expect no less than 500 photos!  I shoot with a partner.  We average 700 photos between the two of us in which we present to the bride and groom. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards