South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Transportation help!

Hello ladies. What is the proper etiquette with transportation to the wedding? We have about 20 guests visiting from out of the country, and the other 70% or so are travelling from out of state (most quite far away). Luckily our ceremony and reception are at the same location - Daniel Island Club. We have 4 hotel blocks. An inexpensive one on DI, 2 close to Mt. Pleasant Town Centre, and 1 downtown. The out of country guests will be staying downtown with no rental cars. We have no idea how many out of state people will be renting cars let alone coming. We will be sending out invitations about 8 weeks out. We got our first quote for $2,200!! We just want them picked up before and then after the wedding (6pm - 10:30 pm). We don't need them to just sit around during the wedding/reception. Any suggestions? Thanks! Katrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Transportation help!

• Options
     Are the guests expecting you to have transportation for everyone?  I visit frequently from the UK and use a taxi back and forth from Mount Pleasant to the airport which although not cheap the service was very reliable. Alternately someone on this board has used  the Durham school bus company to transport guests and it was affordable. 
  • Options
    Durham School Bus Company is pretty cheap, but we ended up going with Charleston Style Limo.  We have people staying on Folly Beach and at a hotel near Downtown, and our ceremony & reception is at Lowndes Grove.  To pick up and drop off at both locations (separate shuttles), as well as a "get away" car for my fiancé and I, it ended up being $840 (which includes including 20% gratuity).  Is there any way you could cut it down to 2 hotel blocks instead of 4?  That would make it a lot easier and definitely cheaper I would think. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards