Not Engaged Yet
Options

Eggs

edited January 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Since I'm bored and currently making eggs, I was wondering how everyone likes theirs?

Personally I'm an over easy kind of person.

Eggs 32 votes

Over Easy
18% 6 votes
Over Medium
15% 5 votes
Over Hard
6% 2 votes
Scrambled
34% 11 votes
Sunny Side Up
0% 0 votes
Hard Boiled
9% 3 votes
Egg Whites Only
6% 2 votes
Poached
9% 3 votes

Re: Eggs

• Options
    The way I really like them now is not quite any of the above. I mix up the yolk and the whites, and then put it in the pan. I don't 'scramble' them, I just let them bake, then flip them over. I throw a few diced red peppers in there and bam, breakfast.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Over easy as well for me!

@cu97tiger I'm kinda picturing an omelet from what you're describing, but it's not folded in half?
  • Options
    I eat them scrambled most often, but my favorite type is a fried egg that's crispy on the edges but still has a liquid yolk. They're really good poached too.
  • Options
    When I eat eggs which is rare I like them scrambled but almost burnt I hate runny eggs.

Anniversary

• Options
    Over medium.
  • Options
    cu97tiger said:
    The way I really like them now is not quite any of the above. I mix up the yolk and the whites, and then put it in the pan. I don't 'scramble' them, I just let them bake, then flip them over. I throw a few diced red peppers in there and bam, breakfast.
    This is how we make our eggs sometimes. Although FI will whip them up like crazy so there's a ton of air bubbles in the mix and then we do like do you do and just let them bake and then flip. It turns into a super fluffy not scrambled egg thing and it's wonderful.

• Options
    @mbross3 - Exactly! Omelet-style for me, please!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I love scrambled eggs. Especially with lots of cheese. Yum.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I guess the most common way I'll eat my eggs is scrambled just because I think it's the easiest and quickest way. But...I love love love poached eggs! I think they're delicious and I wish I was a pro at making them but I'm not : (

• Options
    Scrambled with cheeeeese, please.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love scrambled eggs with cheese. It's delicious!

• Options

I guess the most common way I'll eat my eggs is scrambled just because I think it's the easiest and quickest way. But...I love love love poached eggs! I think they're delicious and I wish I was a pro at making them but I'm not : (

You should get some of these: 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @Brisox81- That is sooo cool! H and I registered for this poached egg maker thing at BBB but we never got it. Those look easier to deal with though. I may go searching for it lol.
  • Options
    Yes! My mom got me similar ones that look more like flowers. I'll be honest, I've never tried them, but supposedly they make it SO much easier! 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    lol, I guess scrambled is winning (YAY!) But, funny story though. Last semester I had a professor that had one pet peeve, eggs. He HATED eggs. If you mentioned eggs he would go on and on about how they are a conspiracy from betty crocker and how you don't need eggs to cook. That eggs in fact were some of the most disgusting things and they hold very little value to our society. He seemed completely normal until eggs got brought up lol!
  • Options
    I like hard boiled or scrambled. But honestly, if the cholesterol levels weren't a concern, I would eat hard boiled eggs every damn day.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I really like eggs Benedict, which wasn't a poll option.

Otherwise, scrambled with cheese and sautéed onions and peppers and salsa and sour cream on top.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    It really depends on what I am having with them.  With chilaquiles, I'll usually do scrambled with cheese.  With huevos racheros, and for dipping with bread, it is sunny side up all the way.  For egg sandwiches, over hard.  And, in salads, hard boiled.  

I don't like eggs at all...

• Options
    I picked poached, because that's how they are on Eggs Benedict.  Mmmmm!

My bf likes them hard boiled and pickled (i.e. soaked in pickle juice in the fridge for a few days after we eat all the pickles).  Sounds gross to me, but I've never tried it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love it when my yolks are all runny.
  • Options
    You need to add a "I just like to clicky" option.  I don't eat eggs, period.  they make me sick :(

• Options
    FI loves to make hard boiled eggs and put them on egg sandwiches. However he loves leaving the yolk runny and watching my face when the yolk runs down my hand.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards