Connecticut

ceremony seating

Hello ladies! I'm having an issue about seating at the ceremony. My family is catholic and my fiance is not really christian. if you ask him he says 'i love Jesus" but not in the same way Christians normally do nowadays. but he hasn't been baptized and I won't ask him to do that. SO clearly (if any of you are Catholic, you know) this is going to be a pretty substantial problem for a church ceremony, among other things. So there is a ceremony space at the reception venue, but there is only room for 50 seats, and well enough space for other guests on a deck right above the ceremony space. my family is pretty chill and relaxed and weddings tend to be very happy, not obsessed with etiquette,  so my question is how would you handle this, just do it like that or try and get through the craziness of Catholic dogma.

Re: ceremony seating

• I vote.. go for the ceremony outdoors!   That sounds like a nice plan.
    Unless you are very religious and your faith is important to you.  You have to ask yourself how important it is to you to have a catholic wedding ceremony.  If you think you might look back and regret not getting married in a church, then you need to discuss that with your fh.

It's just about what you and your fiancé want..no one else. 
  • How does your fiance feel about a church wedding? Does he want to be baptized? Also, Catholic weddings with pre-cana go through a lot and it is a pledge to raise your children in the faith. Is that what you want or would you rather have the more relaxed ceremony?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We did outdoor wedding and had church pews brought in to make family members happy and to give us a spiritual feel.  Best choice we made. 
    counting down to the big day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards