Nevada-Las Vegas

Question

So I was previously married and my divorce has been final for 3 years now but my ex husband was the one who took care of all the paperwork. I just signed it and that was it. He didnt include my maiden name being changed back with the divorce so in order for me to have my maiden name changed I would need to pay 500.00 I thought why pay to change it back when I'm taking my FI' last name in just a couple months anyways. so here is my question, during the ceremony will the officiant mention my last name at all? Cause I would HATE for my ex's last name be mentioned in the ceremony, so if that's the case I will pay to have my maiden name even if it's only with me for a short time.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Question

• Our officiant is not mentioning my last name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The weddings ive seen havent mentioned last names.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• I don't believe I've ever heard a last name (of the bride) spoken. Of course, after you are married, they might announce and now, Mr. & Mrs. But if it is a concern, I would bring it up with your minister/officiant. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to take it out either way.
  • samiam125samiam125 member
    First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I don't think that my last name was used in the ceremony but the marriage certificate has my maiden name on it.

So I guess it just depends on if you want your ex-husbands surname on the marriage certificate?

Anniversary
  • I've decided to pay the fee to get my name changed back. I found a paralegal that will do it for for 200 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards