Ohio-Cincinnati

Mt. Airy

Anyone ever attended weddings/receptions held at Mt. Airy?

Thinking about renting an area in the arboretum for the ceremony and then one of the Premier shelters for the reception - such as Oak Ridge Lodge.

Any information much appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mt. Airy

• airair44airair44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered using oak ridge or maple ridge but we went and drove past one day and were turned off by how completely overgrown the grass and weeds were in the surrounding area and the group of teenagers hanging out around the outside.  The pictures they sent of the inside seemed ok but that initial impression when we drove by kind of ruined it for us.
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah - privacy/intimacy was a concern for me as well and people loitering is a turn off. Do you happen to still have the pictures of the inside?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I have viewed both and they told me that they have police officers that stand by and only let wedding guest in. They are totally private because they are both pretty far off the road. Oak Ridge looks alot newer on the inside and it is beautiful however it is VERY small. The biggest problem I had with them was premier park events. I have heard some bad things about them and that turned me off.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I can't speak for the premier facilities, but I got married at one of the arboretum gazebos.  To make a long story short, we reserved the Braam Memorial Gazebo, but ended up getting married at the Meyer Lake Gazebo (the whole story is on my website - link is in my siggy). It turned out really nice.  My biggest suggestion is that you have people put up signage beforehand to find the location, because on my wedding day some of my guests had a hard time finding the arboretum. 

I would also suggest that if you're looking for something super tucked away where most random people won't go and you have a degree of privacy, go for the Braam Memorial Gazebo.  But if you're looking for better accessibility for guests (especially older guests and people with disabilities) and overall prettier setup and surroundings, Meyer Lake Gazebo is better for that.
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard a lot of bad with Premier Park Events -  so I don't know. I just want the whole thing to be as stress free as possible (Who doesn't right?).

I'm also leaning towards doing the whole thing (or maybe just the reception) at the zoo.

So much planning. Sheesh. heh.  My mom said to just elope to Vegas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Vegas sounds fun, lol!

I love love love zoo weddings! I wish I could afford it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards