Flowers

Flower help

bequietgerabequietgera member
Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
edited February 2014 in Flowers
Hi all! The bouquet linked below is the inspiration for my wedding colors: pinks, light teal, ivories and with a splash of orange/yellow. I'm so excited! But I read in another discussion about teal flowers that the dyed ones don't look so good. I'm also nervous about having any dyed flowers in my bouquet and some of the dye coming off on my dress. But can any of you help me identify the light teal flower in this bouquet???

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/1200x/c6/ba/0e/c6ba0e822d1f55546f7c73111cda2ae3.jpg

Also, if I can't find the flower, do you think I should do all pinks and ivories with the flowers? And paint my vases teal to bring out that color? Something like this:

http://s233.photobucket.com/user/princessgeney2/media/mason-jars.jpg.html

Lastly, how do you think these arrangements I have in my head would look with all white linen and chair covers? Or should I do ivory? Or should I do white flowers instead of ivory? I'm so lost!!

Thanks!

Edited typo

Re: Flower help

• The "teal" flower is actually a succulent not a flower.  And I agree with what you read elsewhere to not dye your flowers.  Dyed flowers always look fake because there are no true teal colored flowers in nature.

Just to warn you the flowers in that bouquet are very season dependent.  The peonies are only readily available in May/June.  So don't get stuck on the exact flowers but instead be open minded to other flowers in the same color scheme.

I am not sure of the availability of succulents but if your florist is unable to get them then I would still stick with the color scheme in the picture and just pull your teal in elsewhere like in your vase color, the ribbon wrapped around your bouquet or you could even use a sheer teal overlay on your tables.

As for the tablecloths I would use white.  White always looks nice and crisp and pretty.  Also note that there isn't any difference between a white flower and an ivory flower.  White flowers aren't pure white but rather variations of white.

• Awesome thank you! I was looking for garden roses as opposed to peonies anyway. Not sure if they'd be in season or not for our June wedding but fifty flowers says they're available for my date. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards