Michigan-Detroit
Options

Outdoor Woods/Water Wedding

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had any good location ideas for an outdoor water/woods location to get married at. I'm looking for something cheap and where I have the option to have a tented reception. A lot of places I've looked at ask that you end the reception at 10 pm or even 9 pm. So, I'm also hoping the place we book at does not shut us down until at least midnight. I'm willing to look outside of the metro-detroit area if necessary :)

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Outdoor Woods/Water Wedding

• Options
    We did our engagement photos at Stoney Creek Metro Park, and there's this wooded area of trees that make a long aisle with a building nearby.  Not sure about tenting options and not sure of hours.

You can't really see in the picture, but there is an altar at the end (behind me and H)
  • Options
    Forgot to attach the pic :)
  • Options
    I was actually going to suggest Stony Creek as well.  We had looked into them, but ended up having the option to use a family members backyard for the reception, so we did that instead.  I believe they also have an option to have the reception on the water and they have a three season tent for the reception.  The only draw back in my mind was that you HAD to use their caterer and could not bring in any outside food.
  • Options
    check out Indian Springs Metro Park Environmental Discovery Center in White Lake. We went there to check it out and fell in love with it, and it definitely has the water thing going on.
  • Options
    Im getting married next year in July at the Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm and its so beautiful there! I immediately booked my date when we went to check out the site. You can rent your own tent and bring your own food. Im so excited for my wedding (:
  • Options
    Lake Nepessing Boat Club, in Lapeer MI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think waldenwoods allows tents outside. My dad has a membership and I have seen lots of weddings there. Its beautiful and wooded on a private lake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards