Attire & Accessories Forum

Custom Wedding Dresses? Have you heard of Myedresshouse

Hallow, 

Found a website called myedresshouse who can make a dress I like.  Its all custom and they claim a pretty quick turn over.  I'm 98% its coming from over seas.  

Does anyone have any experience with them? 

Thanks! 

Mara 

Re: Custom Wedding Dresses? Have you heard of Myedresshouse

• It's a chinese knockoff site.  There are horror stories from these places and the quality of the fabric, stitching, sizing, etc. will not be the same quality you get from the real designer.

Don't waste your money

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_custom-wedding-dresses-have-you-heard-of-myedresshouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:18bd1792-2d98-45a2-bee6-621d838ffcc7Post:5f964389-b8af-45a8-973f-2cba876614c4">Re: Custom Wedding Dresses? Have you heard of Myedresshouse</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Vendors can't post on these boards</strong>. If anyone is interested on why you shouldn't buy a knock-off dress from China, there is a sticky at the top of this forum all about it.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

Not entirely sold on the vendor thing since they joined in June and are now just getting around to posting, but I will keep a close watch on OP in the future.

• www.myedresshouse.com  is a wonderful site, my sister bought her wedding dress from them ,we live in US, and we are chinese. Their price is low and dress looks very close to the original, you could have a try.
  • bad bad bad maybe some people have good experience with them ex simple dresses not a lot of detail. once you get into dresses with to much detail forget it you will get a porly made gown 
  • MYEDRESSHOUSE review and this e-mailery does not need any comment from my side:

Dear ….<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am sorry but this is not the procedures we should go and I do believe you understand the stress before wedding and I am not going to tell you how difficult was for me to be in the hospital. How I was shocked when I received the dress and have to find out the other one in short period of time.

But if necessary, I will describe all naughty pressure and procedures I went through..

I am not asking the returning of money for the second dress where we find out the same problems.. but at least the wedding dress has to be refunded.. I am sorry to say, but you did not check it correctly and the mistake happened – for me big mistake. These six month you are talking about are nothing compare I have to cope and believe me I do have proof , everything I can provide to You, to your management.

Do you think that 6 month it is a period of time you cannot return the product? I do not think so.

I do hope you will at least return to me money for wedding dress and I can provide you with the pictures and with the dress – the dress is completely new but not finished from your side.. and colour is different as I have already mentioned.

Please let me know the procedures for returning.

Yours sincerely ...

Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 1:48 PM
    Subject: Re: RE: wedding dress Ventura and evening dress Halda -myedresshouse group

Hi,

It's really too long for us to handle your problem.  We finished your order laster year, and 6 months later you told us that the dresses have problems.

Meanwhile, from our side, we did checking work for every dress before delivery, and made sure everything is good before delivery.

Please understand our position.

Maybe we could make you another dress with some discount, this is the only thing i can do now.

Thank you very much.

To: myedresshouse

Subject: RE: RE: wedding dress Ventura and evening dress Halda -myedresshouse group

Dear,

Thank you. I hope you do understand that I was in a hospital for a while and there were nothing to do about it. I can send you all papers form my GP and hospital there you can see I was over three months out of work, etc.

Nevertheless, I would like to sort it out and if you cannot do anything who should I contact then please?

Thank you. Kind Regards,

Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:24 AM
    Subject: Re: RE: wedding dress Ventura and evening dress Halda -myedresshouse group

Hi,

I am sorry to hear these, but we dont think there was any mistakes on your dresses.

Meanwhile, your order was happened around 6 moths ago, which is really out of our control about anything now.

And we cannot do anything by now.

Kindly understand.

To: myedresshouse

Subject: RE: RE: wedding dress Ventura and evening dress Halda -myedresshouse group

Dear,

I am writing to you in regards to my wedding dress which I have ordered from your company.

When I have received the dress I have been hugely disappointed and to be honest with you in shock as how would you even send dress like that to a customer.

Firstly the colour, which was suppose to be snow white,  was nothing close to it, it is was beige. The zip was nearly impossible to close or open (this problem happened in the second dress I have ordered, as well and, I am not rather mentioned it) . Around the neck line, the material is not even sewed and finished properly and same under the arms.

Due to this fact I obviously could not wear this dress for the most important day in my life and was under the pressure and stress to get a new one in a very short period of time.

I am returning this dress to you and would like you to return my money as you did not deliver what I have paid for. Please send me the address I am going to send this dress.

Yours sincerely,

• Hi Mara,

I know this is a late response, but hopefully it will help you and/or future brides as well.

I purchased my dress from April at myedresshouse and it was absolutely FLAWLESS! It was the Enzoani Francesca dress... She made it in 2 weeks and promptly sent me pictures for approval prior to shipping it out. I approved it and it was at my doorstep the very next day!

I tried on this dress at a local boutique and fell in love with it. However, I was less than thrilled with the $3,500 price tag!

I can honestly say (and my mom and MOH can vouch for this) that the lace, beading, and all other details of April's dress were actually BETTER than the designer one I tried on!

Including the overnight shipping, I paid (via a safe, paypal transaction) $389.00!

I got more compliments on that dress, and I honestly couldn't have been happier with the whole process... I would recommend them to anyone!

Best of luck!
    -Kristen
  • If you order something important (like your wedding dress) from an overseas site, you are taking a big risk.  You will have no control over the quality.  You will have to accept whatever they send you.  Don't believe the money-back claims.  They don't often happen.  Communication with these places is very difficult.  Usually if there is a problem, suddenly no one will speak English.  It has happened to hundreds of disappointed brides.  Don't risk it!
    There are a few places in the USA that can sell you the authentic dress at a discount price.  We used the well known Pearl's Place in Louisiana.  They cannot discount Maggie Sottero dresses, but you can usually save about 30% from other designers.  We saved about 40% from the Demetrios dress my daughter wanted.  More than that is suspect. 
    If you are in love with a pricey dress (WHY, on earth, did you even try it on?) you will NOT be able to buy a reasonable copy for less than half the price.  The materials are expensive.  You get what you pay for.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • the dresses on meydresshouse are very cheep looking on the models they had. and the stolen images wont look the same when you receive your dress.

why even gamble with 200 or so dollars when you can call up salons and see if they have any discontinued dresses in your price range
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards