Registry and Gift Forum

How many and which types?

Hey knotties! Hope all of you enjoyed Superbowl Sunday. =)

So the question is, how many registries should we have? So far we've registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond. We loved a lot of stuff there but some of it was expensive, so we're considering also getting a registry at a big box store so our guests have cheaper options. Thoughts?

Re: How many and which types?

•  We had 2 registries. One at Sears, and one at Home Outfitters. Both being stores that we could register for items in different price categories, & also both stores are accessible throughout Canada. (Being convenient for all guests, local or not). I would say 2-3 registries is fairly common, & I wouldn't exceed much more than that. 

Happy Registering! :P

*J
  • 2-3 registries is common and you should have a decent selection of items across price points on each registry.  
    Under $25 
    $25-75
    $75-100
    $100-150
    $150+ (not too many)

The bulk of your items should probably be in the $50-150 range depending on your crowd.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • 2-3 registries. I personally have 3.

Anniversary
  • I always considered BB&B to be a big box store and don't consider their prices to be far different then Target or Macy's.

We had two registries.  Our main one was at BB&B and then we had a smaller one at Target.  I think anymore then three is a bit much.

• We had 3: Kohls, BB&B and Target.
  • I made a list of things we wanted to register for and then looked to see what stores had those items.  We ended up at BBB and Target since all of the things we wanted were at those two stores, the prices were right and I liked the idea of giving shower guests two store options.  Other factors in deciding the stores were that we liked Target's Fieldcrest Luxury towels the best and we wanted to pick stores we wouldn't mind having gift cards to. 
  • csuave said:
    I made a list of things we wanted to register for and then looked to see what stores had those items.  We ended up at BBB and Target since all of the things we wanted were at those two stores, the prices were right and I liked the idea of giving shower guests two store options.  Other factors in deciding the stores were that we liked Target's Fieldcrest Luxury towels the best and we wanted to pick stores we wouldn't mind having gift cards to. 
    I'm probably stating the obvious, but just make sure you don't register for the same item at both stores. A friend of mine did this and it was embarrassing for her shower guests to see her open duplicate after duplicate, with everyone insisting they checked the registry first. 

FWIW, I think we'll have 3 - Target for practical things and fun stuff, Crate & Barrel for nicer but still everyday household goods, and Williams Sonoma for droolworthy kitchenware. 

• we did BBB and Kohls. I was going to do Macys as well but pretty much everything we would have picked there would have been on BBB so we just stayed with the two. Plus Macy's would have been a far drive for me if I had to return/exchange anything.

Anniversary
  • We have Macy*s, BB&B, Target, and REI.

Only the first three are linked on the wedding website, and REI has just a few items on it. FI is a huge gym rat and we go out paddle boarding/kayaking with some of his buddies from our gym; they're the only ones who have asked him about it.

I only did our Target registry because it's such a popular place to shop among my friends, and my BM suggested doing one there before the shower.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all of your suggestions! It looks like we'll be going with Target, BB&B and REI (what a great idea @KittyKat20)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards