Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Guests seeing the Bride before the ceremony

Hi

My FH and I are going to do a first look and taking bridal party photos before the ceremony, then heading to the church. My question is that we have a shuttle that will be running from our reception site to the church and the reception site is right next to where we plan on doing our First Look....would it be odd/wrong for us to hop on the shuttle with our guests? Or should I be 'hiding' till I walk down the aisle?

Thanks!
Maureen 

Re: Guests seeing the Bride before the ceremony

• Options
    I don't think it would be wrong at all.  If you are fine with guests seeing you before the ceremony then by all means hop aboard the shuttle.  I know I had some guests see me before the ceremony and I, as a guest, have seen some brides before the ceremony and it certainly didn't ruin the "walking down the aisle" moment.

• Options
    If you don't mind if they see you before the ceremony, then feel free to take the shuttle.

At several weddings I've been to, people "visited" the bridal suite and saw the bride before the ceremony.
  • Options
    If you're not bothered by it, it's fine. A few guests saw me before the ceremony. I even went to a wedding where the bride and groom mingled with all their guests before the ceremony started.
  • Options
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    Great question! I was wondering about this, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi

My FH and I are going to do a first look and taking bridal party photos before the ceremony, then heading to the church. My question is that we have a shuttle that will be running from our reception site to the church and the reception site is right next to where we plan on doing our First Look....would it be odd/wrong for us to hop on the shuttle with our guests? Or should I be 'hiding' till I walk down the aisle?

Thanks!
    Maureen 
    @toasterryan

I don't see anything wrong with it so if you want to do it, then go for it. I personally will not let guests (besides my grandparents) see me before
  • Options
    Most guests saw me before the ceremony. We did our family pictures right where the guests walked in. It didn't ruin the walking down the aisle moment.
  • Options
    Hi

Thanks!
    Maureen 
    I'm confused.  Why would your guests be at the reception site first and need to be shuttled to the ceremony?  Is it at a hotel?

That said, if you don't mind people seeing you, then don't worry about it!  I didn't want anyone seeing me before the ceremony, so I made sure I stayed in hiding about an hour before the ceremony.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards