March 2015 Weddings
Options

Hi, an intro and a question or 2 or so....

hi everyone!!! iI am so excited that iI am able to plan my wedding and get new ideas from here. iI got engaged on christmas eve. total suprise! we were both married before. he saidhe would never get married again. iI was starting to believ it since we were together 6 1/2 years. so, iI picked 3/6/15 as our day and he is fine with this.

a little background. iI was married at 19 because iI was pregnant :-( neither of us were ready. iI will never force. anyways, my mom had a pretty big wedding for me. she planned and did everything. iI had 2 girls before iI met my now fiance. he was married before and had 2 boys and 1 girl before me. now we have 1  little girl together. she is 26 months. our other children are 19, his son, 18 my daughter, 17 his son, 15 his daughter, and 14 my daughter.
iI am now 38 will be 39 in march. he is 43. both of us have been divorced well over 12 years. 
now my questions...

do you think having another  kind of big wedding is tacky? would you go to another wedding for the same person?? iI personally would and have been to second weddings for people. and to be honest its been a lot soonerlike 5 years.

and this is one that has nothing to do with that but when are you guys sending out save the dates?? 

Re: Hi, an intro and a question or 2 or so....

• Options
    My aunt had a second wedding but it was his first wedding.  My FI is going to have his second wedding but it is my first.  Honestly I say do what is right for you and your FI and let people make that decision.  Since it has been so long I think people will come.

theknot.com says 6 months before but I am going to send my out probably 8-10 months before since I have a ton of out of town guest and I want to give them as much notice as possible.  
  • Options
    I really have no opinion about the second wedding thing. I don't think it's wrong in any way, it's not a PPD, it's a wedding and I would attend even if I knew it wasn't your first. I'm also sending save the dates around the 9 month park because literally 90% of our guests are out of town so like PP said want to give them enough time. A friend of mine is getting married this August 2nd and is sending hers out end of January, FWIW.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would say to go for it! Just because you guys were already married does not mean that you two don't deserve a special day for your marriage and love. It's like you two are getting married to each other for a second time.

• Options
    thanks! plus like iI said my mom planned my first wedding. most of the people she invited were her family members. a lot of my friends were mad. but not much iI could do or say. 

iI just dont know what to start with. iI am going to be doing all decor and everythkng myself. guess iI should look for a place first!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm going to start with the venue and then the dress :)
  • Options
    Budget should be done first and foremost! :) unfortunately....Haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    iI will just probably wing it with the budget. iI know thats prob bad. 

does anyone have a wedding planner/organizer.  iI see some nice ones online. iI may buy one.
  • Options
    My friend ordered me a nice organizer off Amazon. I honestly haven't used it much, because it has SO many things to it, and I'm trying to keep things minimal. I find it easier to just write things on random pieces of paper haha we will see how well that works in the end.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    iI was thinking that too. lol. iI went to a bridal show yesterday. iI came home and went through things iI maty need and tossed everythjng else.less mess. it was fun to go to. theres another one this weekend and then the following at the mall. the thing that sucks is they are really only in jan.
  • Options
    Same here!! And by next January I don't want to still be doing any planning so I am getting them done now. I'm going to a second one this weekend, there are a few more scattered throughout the year but don't think I will go.

A tip that one of my friends gave me : for the next bridal show, bring two bags. In one bag, put all the information from vendors you liked and want to follow up on . In the other bag, toss all the "junk" and stuff you collected but don't really want, so when you get home you can just toss that junk bag without having to go through it all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thats a good idea. iI am alo printing my name, phone number, and email address on some labels.
  • Options
    why are all the big ones in jan?? 

where are you tcnoble?? even though iI am sure most big cities have them all at the same time.
  • Options
    oh, iI am in cleveland ohio.
  • Options
    @Jessica2426 I'm in Vegas! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The only ones where I am are in January (Dallas, TX) at least that's what I think.  I plan on doing my own flowers, and the places that I am looking at do their own catering.  I really only need venue, dj, photographer, videographer, and cake.
  • Options
    iI may just have people take pictures. photographers are so expensive. with everyone having cell phones iI will just have people send me pictures. and iI may get thisedisposable cameras. iI have been to other weddings that have done that.
  • Options
    I would seriously consider getting a photographer, even a photography student who will take pictures for a small fee. The only thing you really have to remember the wedding after it's over is the pictures.
  • Options
    yeah but iI think even my girls will take good pics. well at least the 18 and 14 year old. and he has a 15 year old. my daughters friend has taken our christmas picture evry year and we have them framed and everything. so iI am not to worried about spending 2-3000 on that. iI know its a good idea but realistically we are not spending a ton and pretty much doing everything else by ourselves like decor and stuff so iI figured why not.
  • Options
    I think that it's fine if you want to have a big wedding. You should do what feels right to you. And for the Save-the-Dates, if we do them I would probably send them out around November/December. We don't have anyone coming from out of town really so I don't need to give people a ton of notice for my wedding.

• Options
    we are not having a big wedding. iI dont even think 100. and that includes kids.
  • Options
    We are not having a big wedding either.

• Options
    STDs should be sent no earlier than a year out, and usually that's for destination weddings or overseas guests. I'm sending mine at the 8-9 month mark after I get my e-photos.  

My mom was married three times. First one, she was very young, and it was an extremely small, courthouse style. Then she married my father, which was a bigger wedding (probably 130-150 people). She divorced him and about 7 years later married my step dad who was definitely her "soul mate". She had another wedding about the same amount of people. Do what you want and what you can afford. 

imageimage

• Options
    I thin kit's lovely to have a second wedding. If you truly believe you've found a partner, then celebrating that partnership with friends and family will be lovely, no matter your budget or the number of guests.
    Also, doing it yourself is not always cheaper. Just be sure to do a bit of research into both the cost of hiring someone and the cost of time and materials on your part before deciding on any individual DIY project.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards