Registry and Gift Forum

Card for couple who eloped

Is it customary to include a check in the card? Or just the card? (there's no party or anything, I am mailing it) 

Re: Card for couple who eloped

• If you would like to give a check, then it's fine to put it in the card.  It's also fine to send the card by itself.  Gifts are not expected or necessary.  
  • As someone who's planning a very intimate wedding (10 people), we are going to send out wedding announcements.

Personally, I think even getting a card would be great! A check would be amazing (obviously) but just having the well wishes of a card will make me so excited. :)

Everyone always likes money, so do it if you can afford it and want to, but don't feel obligated at all!
  • Depends on what you want to do and what you can afford.  If it were me I would probably send them a check with the card.

• edited February 2014

I eloped! After we got back and announced it, we received some cards with no gifts and some cards with checks, and some actual gifts! I was actually quite stunned (in a good way) that anyone even acknowledged the wedding let aone send a gift! That was very generous. So, if you can afford it, I do think it's a nice gesture, but it is certainly not required in any way.

edit- spelling

• Thanks guys! I did send a check and she already thanked me and said it was very thoughtful :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards