Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Engagement photographer gift

My friend's boyfriend is doing our engagement photos. While I contacted him without any hopes of a discount or special treatment, he's told us that he would like to do our engagement photos without charging this. I want to give him something as a thank you, but I feel awkward trying to just give him cash. Any ideas?

Re: Engagement photographer gift

• Options
    A restaurant giftcard?
  • Options
    I second a giftcard. Restaurant or a store your friend says he likes. That's very generous of him. He might intend for it to be your wedding gift, but he would probably say so if that's the case.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    kdd2015 said:
    My friend's boyfriend is doing our engagement photos. While I contacted him without any hopes of a discount or special treatment, he's told us that he would like to do our engagement photos without charging this. I want to give him something as a thank you, but I feel awkward trying to just give him cash. Any ideas?
    The PPs covered the gift, but I'll just add......I wouldn't solicit this friend to do your wedding.  Friends and family often feel obligated when you ask them.  I mean, if he REALLY wanted to do your engagement photos, wouldn't he have offered before you asked?  

Back to the wedding....it's not right to have them work your wedding (even if they are getting paid) when they should be enjoying it.  Hire someone else for your wedding.

• Options
    My friend did mine, I'm giving her a $50 gift card to Starbucks ($4 lattes are her guilty pleasure) 

imageimage

• Options
    Joan, he is not doing my wedding, simply the engagement photos. My wedding is 6 hours away from here and we will be finding a photographer that is local to that area. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards